RADIOREFERENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I would just like to take the time to thank everyone here at RADIOREFERENCE and those who dedicate their time and work so hard to help us in our growing hobby that we may learn and enjoy our hobby of Radio and Scanner's and so many other forms of communication that we enjoy. THANK YOU EACH AND EVERYONE AND MAY GOD BLESS.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I don't know why refer to it as a growing hobby. I can actually remember when it was growing in the 90's and early 2000s but the hobby has been in a sharp decline thanks to new digital formats, software based encryption, Internet Streaming causing dept's to encrypt, I'm in the Midwest so there's not much short wave for me. So I don't understand how how it's growing if anything its in a sharp decline. Maybe that's just how I see it though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I was speaking of (growing hobby ) in just that way . It has grown in different format's of communication. So much different from my day of using a vfo or crystals. So growing like you said in different way's. I am a ham operator and we are getting more people to become ham operator's. Also more people are listening to Shortwave and Police and so on now through their phone's and computer's Scanner's Radio's and so on. So in that aspect more people are listening and talking. Not disagreeing at all with you. You are right . It had dropped. But in my old life I have seen that life is a circle. What goes around always will come back around. One way or another. Thank you for your post. I consider all here my friend's and all have been so nice to me and have really help me catch up with the changing hobby we are in. I have come a long way from V F O and CYSTALS. Thanks to all here at RADIOREFERENCE that have walked me through this process. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL AND MAY GOD BLESS

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi columbas, it sounds like you are pleased with the site and I hope you are enjoying the Premium account features. As one of the 100+ who works behind the scenes, thanks for the recognition. :)

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I don't know why refer to it as a growing hobby. I can actually remember when it was growing in the 90's and early 2000s but the hobby has been in a sharp decline thanks to new digital formats, software based encryption, Internet Streaming causing dept's to encrypt, I'm in the Midwest so there's not much short wave for me. So I don't understand how how it's growing if anything its in a sharp decline. Maybe that's just how I see it though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What a way to throw a wet blanket on things. Because you're having problems doesn't mean the rest of the world is. The very fact that things keep changing makes it a challenge. There's a lot more to it than listening to short wave.

When they added UHF to television (yes, I remember that) people complained because they had to go out and buy a converter or a new TV. When they went digital with the TV, it happened again. All aspects of radio have also changed. Get used to it.

Things change, Things progress. Deal with it.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I enjoy RADIOREFERENCE very much for the information it has to offer and the people I speak with here. Your never to old to learn. I am old school and I believe when a person or people do well let them know. They earned it and deserve to be appreciated for the hard work and time spent. I try to treat others as I would want them to treat me. I have been treated very well here. That is why I had made the post. Just to let everyone know how much I appreciate all they do and have done for me. I have not found any site any better than RADIOREFERENCE. nor any as nice as Is here on this forum. People have nursed me along with all my question's with great answers with knowledge and respect . MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU ALL. I hope I can only help other's along the way as other's had helped me and just pass it along. I have to go for now. HAVE A BLESSED DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.