Odd thread titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
I'm not an admin or mod so maybe I'm speaking out of turn but thought this was the only place I have to express this.

What's up with the odd thread titles.

Hi

Help

Things like that and most recently below...

Hi All...
Does the Uniden BCD325P2 have to be programmed or is similar to the 436?

This isn't email. We don't know you. We don't know the context yet. Why is this even a thought as to something that's acceptable? I have not encountered this in any other forum I've been a part of and I've been a part of too many to count. Personally it annoys the hell out of me. If you don't have the basic intellect to start a thread with a title that at least tries to summarize the concept of what you are trying to convey your post should be trashed and you should be warned.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You're complaining in the DB admin forum about forum thread titles that you see in the rest of the forum?

This is a forum issue, not a DB issue.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved.

It's almost as bad as members who post threads in forums that have nothing to do with the content of their post ;)

mciupa

What's up with the odd thread titles.

Hi

Help

Things like that.

Personally it annoys the hell out of me. If you don't have the basic intellect to start a thread with a title that at least tries to summarize the concept of what you are trying to convey your post should be trashed and you should be warned.

Sure it is annoying, but is it not too harsh to "trash" a thread or give a warning? I'd like to think that these forums are a friendly gathering place and not somewhere that upsets the members to visit.

In these forums, we have a demographic with varying ages, degrees of education, and abilities. Just like a random sampling of individuals you would find in a crowd, or on a bus etc..

Have you noticed the post count of the "annoyance"? Perhaps they have little forum experience.

I doubt your target audience will even read this thread and the trend will likely continue, unfortunately. :(

mancow

Database Admin
Yea I'm friendly.

I fail to see how a thread titled "hi" or "help" benefits the group but if I'm out of line I accept that. It is what it is. I'll move on, shake my fist and yell at a different cloud now.

Status
Not open for further replies.