"Quote message in reply?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
In a Quick Reply to a post, I am unable to check the box next to "Quote message in reply?"

How do I use that feature?

Paul

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You need to click the "Quick" button within the post you want to quote. If you use the "Quick Reply" at the bottom of the page it wouldn't know which post to quote.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
You need to click the "Quick" button within the post you want to quote. If you use the "Quick Reply" at the bottom of the page it wouldn't know which post to quote.
Aha!

Now, how do I quote only part of a message, or parts of a message with my reply comments interspersed?

Paul

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

your comment here

Now, how do I quote only part of a message,

your comment here

or parts of a message with my reply comments interspersed?

Paul

your comment here

==============================

If the above is what you are referring to, the setup is shown below..............

Quote the whole post in your reply, and then add additional opening and closing quote brackets where you want them, and then put your comments after the individual sections you have quoted. Like this:

(Use the "Preview Post" button to verify your post before using the "Submit Reply" button.)

[QUOTE="wd4edu, post: 2899085"]
Aha![/QUOTE]

your comment here

[QUOTE="wd4edu, post: 2899085"]
Now, how do I quote only part of a message,[/QUOTE]

your comment here

[QUOTE="wd4edu, post: 2899085"]or parts of a message with my reply comments interspersed?

Paul[/QUOTE]

your comment here

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
your comment here

your comment here

your comment here

==============================

If the above is what you are referring to, the setup is shown below..............

Quote the whole post in your reply, and then add additional opening and closing quote brackets where you want them, and then put your comments after the individual sections you have quoted. Like this:

(Use the "Preview Post" button to verify your post before using the "Submit Reply" button.)

your comment here

your comment here

your comment here

You're the best, as far as I know!

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.