Time Shown on Posting Messages & Elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

CincyKid

Is there some reason that the time shown that a message was posted is some three hours and some minutes earlier than the actual correct time it was sent? This is also true when showing when a member last logged onto the website. For example the correct time that I am posting this inquiry is 4:50 P.M. (EDT) and originating from Southwestern Ohio. Has anyone else noticed this? I understand about the hour being different, but why the minutes? I assume any corrections to the time must be made by the administrator(s) of this website.

KB7MIB

If you look at the very bottom center of the page, it says that all times are GMT (UTC). It also tells you what the time was at the moment that you opened the page.
Why the minutes are off, I don't know.

John
Peoria, AZ

Unforgiven_AF

I'm posting this at precisely 17:25:13 EDT

EDIT: Timestamp shows 17:14 PM. I've noticed the posting time off about 11 minutes since I joined. Digs at my OCD

Last edited:

KB7MIB

2:29pm Arizona Time when I started typing.
9:18pm GMT

Edit: Timestamp says 9:19pm GMT. So, about 10 minutes off, time zones notwithstanding.

John
Peoria, AZ

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Moved to the Forums forum as this has nothing to do with the database.

I'll let Lindsay know about the time.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Time Shown on Posting Messages & Elsewhere

Looks like the time is off by 11 minutes even with the timezone set correctly.

ipfd320

Banned