Status
Not open for further replies.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed more than once that after coming here and clicking on New Posts that I'll very often find >100 "New Posts".

If I am inactive for more than fifteen minutes (maybe following a link to another site in a new browser Tab, when I click on "New Posts" again suddenly far fewer "New Posts" are returned!

Just today, there were 168 "New Posts" when I signed in. I had to go take care of a CC payment briefly, and when I tabbed back here suddenly there are only 28 "New Posts" returned. :confused:

Any ideas what is going on here?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
If you are off the site long enough, it considers your return a "New Visit" and the "New Posts" returns are based on "new posts since your last visit" If you want to see more, use the "Today's Posts" under the quick links.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
That would make sense only if one actually leaves RR and/or logs off. This happens if I remain viewing a particular message and have clicked on a link to follow it in a new tab...

...by the time I tab back to the RR window, all the "new posts" have been marked as "read" no matter how many were actually never read!

SCPD

QRT
For some reason my posting about what I should do about my sds100 coming with no battery also disappeared. I clicked my name and it saying I have no post history. I may be new to sign up here but even my profile shows I have no posts even though I had just posted picture showing my sds100 will run without batteries and that the battery does not hold in the sd card, So anyway I did a search for disappearing posts and came across this. So I guess I'm not alone after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.