Need a CHIRP sub forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It seems that folks don't know where to post CHIRP questions (really, the place they should go is the CHIRP mailing list, but...) so they dump it into the scanner software forum. Perhaps a sub forum should be built in the budget transceivers forum for CHIRP questions - with a locked sticky giving the website and support mailing list?

Mike

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It seems that folks don't know where to post CHIRP questions (really, the place they should go is the CHIRP mailing list, but...) so they dump it into the scanner software forum. Perhaps a sub forum should be built in the budget transceivers forum for CHIRP questions - with a locked sticky giving the website and support mailing list?

Mike
I wasn't aware there was a support mailing list for Chirp. Will you please share the link with us?

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
If RR does create a dedicated CHIRP forum, it should not go in as a sub-forum of the Budget Transceivers forum as CHIRP programs other radios besides CCRs.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If RR does create a dedicated CHIRP forum, it should not go in as a sub-forum of the Budget Transceivers forum as CHIRP programs other radios besides CCRs.

And that's the exact reason a CHIRP subforum will not be created.

CHIRP questions can be placed in the appropriate forum depending on the type of radio.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What is a CCR? Cheap Chinese Radio? Keep in mind Chirp works with several ham radios, too. Mike

Last edited:

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I think it should be in the Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming section. It would make sense to change the Scanner Programming Software forum to a more general Radio Programming Software forum, or create a separate Transceiver (or Radio) Programming Software forum. I think it should be more general as there does not appear to be a lot of CHIRP questions.

CHIRP can program some older receivers as well as ham transceivers.

73 Eric

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Keep in mind Chirp works with several ham radios, too.
Which is exactly the reason why, if there was CHIRP sub-forum, that it should not be a sub-forum of the Budget Transceiver forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.