Good scanner <100 supporting Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpslusser

Ive been looking for a while, but I don't have alot of time on my hands. Can any of you guys suggest a good scanner (handheld & base/mobile). It needs to suport Alpha/text files for frequencies, and free programming software must be available. It has to be under 100 dollars. Even if its used, but in good condition. Ebay. I seen the Pro 99, its disscontinuned, and hard to find at a Radioshack. Maybe i'll check ebay when I get home. It supports Alpha, but how good of a scanner is it? Any Uniden or Bearcat?

Thanks guys

45SigSauer

I just picked up a brand new, never been opened, Pro-97, off ebay for $100.00. Keep your eyes open, another good deal might pop up, with this rebanding going on, a lot of people are dumping their Pro-97's

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Some good bets for under $100 and free software (where the pro97 fails) would be the pro95 handheld and pro93/2053 handheld/base (although I used one mobile in larger vehicles).

They all have nice displays, and are good scanners. I only sold my 93 as I was switching over to the 97/2055 series for regular use. The 2053 is one of the last great truly base scanners made for RS.

I have never used a pro99 but it seemed like a good non trunking scanner but the software from Don Starr is $15 to register. The 93/95/2053 support some trunking systems.

Last edited:

dpslusser

Grog said:
Some good bets for under $100 and free software (where the pro97 fails) would be the pro95 handheld and pro93/2053 handheld/base (although I used one mobile in larger vehicles).

They all have nice displays, and are good scanners. I only sold my 93 as I was switching over to the 97/2055 series for regular use. The 2053 is one of the last great truly base scanners made for RS.

I have never used a pro99 but it seemed like a good non trunking scanner but the software from Don Starr is $15 to register. The 93/95/2053 support some trunking systems.

How about Alpha Tags?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
n4yek said:
Those all support Alpha tags.

Yes, the 93/95/2053 has a 12 segmant alpha display that is a nice size. I can take pics of one of my 2053s tomorrow afternoon and post it so you can see how it looks, won't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.