i understand multiple scanners now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

money911

When i first joined this forum i could not understand why people had so many scanners in one place. I said to myself if a scanner can hold that much info y do you need all of these other scanners? Well now that i found the stuff i want to scan for and i want to isolate certain things i understand that to do that and still be able to scan for other things you need multiple scanners.

but heres a question i have a psr-500 and a lot of the stuff i am getting is 800 range freqs out of philly, i was wondering if i can take those and program them into a non-digital scanner or will it not do me any good?

thanks
james

ps. i am pretty new at this

Dubbin

Feed Provider
money911 said:
but heres a question i have a psr-500 and a lot of the stuff i am getting is 800 range freqs out of philly, i was wondering if i can take those and program them into a non-digital scanner or will it not do me any good?

It all depends on if those 800's are digital or not.

key2_altfire

Here's another reason to have multiple scanners: So you can tie up one scanner listening to a single channel while the other scanners continue monitoring everything else. Where I live, I can receive LAPD (P25) on one scanner, and my local police/fire (who transmit on FM-in-the-clear) on another. I can sit one analog scanner on my local PD if it's a juicy Saturday night and still cover LAPD's P25 system on the digital scanner.

Also, you can connect different scanners to different tunes of antenna to give them better "ears" in your area of interest.

xpawel15x

money911 said:
how do you determine if they are digital or not?

thanks

Look in the database or on your digital scanner, if it says APCO25 in the database, or DG (for Pro-96 at least) in your scanner than it is digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.