A way to remove the NASCAR logo on scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerri

Just curious if anyone has any tricks for wiping this logo away (something like nail polish or something). I searched and yielded no results. It's not a major deal, but if someone found a quick and easy way to wipe it off, I'd love to hear it.

mciupa

Database Admin
Carefully use nail polish remover and some cotton balls or swabs. Be sure you don't touch the display screen. :eek:
But do you really want to do this ? You will have a worn looking area where the logo was. :(
Put on a piece of tape over the logo that matches the color of the scanner.

n2mdk

I actually like NASCAR I'm just that kind of a girl, but I hate that logo myself.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
NO self respecting Redneck would think of using anything but DUCT TAPE! Who do you think founded NASCAR anyway?

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Go to Sanrio Surprises at your local mall and purchase a Hello Kitty sticker to cover the offending NASCAR logo.

D

DaveNF2G

kb2vxa said:
NO self respecting Redneck would think of using anything but DUCT TAPE! Who do you think founded NASCAR anyway?

No self respecting redneck would be interested in removing, covering, or otherwise tampering with the revered NASCAR logo in the first place.

:D

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"No self respecting redneck would be interested in removing, covering, or otherwise tampering with the revered NASCAR logo in the first place."

Well there Goober, what's wrong with a little duck tape dee-cor-ration?

"Go to Sanrio Surprises at your local mall and purchase a Hello Kitty sticker to cover the offending NASCAR logo."

ZZ, you make it awfully hard to type, I may stop laughing eventually!

Last edited:

bonus1331

As many of us have done; I have traded and sold many radios to upgrade.
I would never permanently deface a scanner.
Keeping your radios in pristine condition along with keeping boxes, manuals, cables, etc. increases the resale value in the future.
If you will ever consider reselling your scanner; I would recommend a temporary solution (tape).

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Try This!

SANDBLASTING!
I have no doubt in my mind that this method will do the trick! Yes Sir!

Manny

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
AlphaMikeLima, xpawel15x, wogggieee, and Viper 43:
I have deleted your posts because your language, either initially or quoting it. I am going to review each of your accounts and if appropriate will suspend your posting abilities and/or note this problem.

Warren:
I deleted yours also, although you did not directly quote the offending language, you certainly didn't leave any doubt about what was said.

Status
Not open for further replies.