Walmart Scanner Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjg66

If anyone wants to know, i discovered the freqs that walmart uses for thier handheld radios. they are 154.600 and 154.570

N

N_Jay

tjg66 said:
If anyone wants to know, i discovered the freqs that walmart uses for thier handheld radios. they are 154.600 and 154.570

At how many Walmarts did you test?

tjg66

just the walmarts in bryan and collage station, texas. but i got the freqs off a site for mississipi or missori or something so i think they are universal

Chris-M

Motorola XTN radio..

Had to make a WallyWorld run tonight. An employee wearing a blue Wal Mart shirt near me had a Motorola XTN radio. One of these days I'll bring my BC246 and do some frequency hunting, when I'm really really bored.
Not sure whether the XTN I saw was VHF or UHF. Just said Motorola XTN Series on the front.
http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/portables/xv2100.shtml

Last edited:

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
WOrking on my business freqs part of my website, I travelled to 4 different walmarts in the area and all of ours used 154.600 and my local also uses 154.570. I do remember hearing someone saying their store went digital. Seems overkill to me. Never heard anything worth protecting on the radio.

N

nmfire10

Concidering there would be little to purpose, motivation, or logic to them licensing a channel of their own for each store they are using an MURS channel and cheapo radios. This is nothing new, been that way for eons.

What is a 'scanner code' anyway??

Last edited:

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
heck, the only thing I've ever heard come out of those radios that sounded remotely important was "mass clean-up, isle five".

grem467

If they learned how to use PL id be happy, alot of my MURS radios are rock radios set to .57, i have PL, walmart doesnt.. they get huffy about me being on "THEIR" frequency.

"How come i can hear you, but you cant hear me??"

perhaps MURS is the reason they are looking to go to another band.

N

N_Jay

flyingwolf said:
Do you really think Wal-Mart would need a reason to go digital? If one of the crazy upper bossmen want it cause its cool they will have it.

And it will probably be some non-standard and chaeap ""Business Digital", not P25.

nexus

most of the radios used by walmart have multiple channels on them and they're all in the DOT frequencies. 154.6, 154.57, 154.49, and itinerate 151.625. these are no mystery. it's been pretty much common knowledge and posted all over the net for years now. A LOT of businesses shares these frequencies. Fast food, department stores, hotels, construction sites, etc.

N

N_Jay

MarkEagleUSA said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but why would anyone want to listen to Walmart transmissions? :confused:

Because they want to know what time their mother is getting off work to cook them dinner.

I can hear them now "MOM, where's that meatloaf?"

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
MarkEagleUSA said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but why would anyone want to listen to Walmart transmissions? :confused:

I was listening to a Walmart once while shopping and they talked about a shoplifter that was in my area of the store, so I took a peak at him/her :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.