Is there a scanner than can receive this VHF freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Hello,

I have searched around here and have not found what I am looking for. Is there a scanner on the market than can receive a VHF freq. such as: 156.0975?

I know that in a UHF status you can put in the 4th digit of the 5 which basically is a 12.5 k step in freq. Is there a scanner able to do this in the VHF band? If so, which one?

Thanks
RJ

WA1ATA

There are lots of scanners that will receive 156.0975 when tuned to 156.095 or 156.100. That's because the IF passband is wide enough that the slightly mistuned receiver still gets the signal.

Hopefully somebody else can point you to a scanner that will actually tune to the desired freq.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
WA1ATA,

Thanks for the reply. I will try that for now. I know that I programmed a Bearcat scanner once for a friend and messed up putting in the freq in the VHF and it actually kept the 4th digit as a 5, so it was going in the 12.5k steps but for the life of me I cannot remember the model # of it. All I do remember was that it was one of their mobile style units (not handheld)

RJ

N0BDW

It's not a scanner, per se, but I use a Motorola HT1000 VHF model to receive/transmit on such "narrow band" VHF frequencies. They are available on eBay for ~$100. If you can't find one and you decide you want one, send me a PM here on RR. I have one I'll sell you. But check eBay first.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
There are lots of scanners (GRE, Uniden, Radio Shack) that now do 7.5khz steps in the VHF band. The pro-163/164, and MANY others ( Almost all of the newer models). Just read the specs here on the Wiki, you are looking for 7.5khz steps.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There are lots of scanners (GRE, Uniden, Radio Shack) that now do 7.5khz steps in the VHF band. The pro-163/164, and MANY others ( Almost all of the newer models). Just read the specs here on the Wiki, you are looking for 7.5khz steps.

Even the older 780xlt will do 7.5khz. steps! :)
n9zas

nodak1crdet3

My BC780XLT, BC796D, & PRO-2055 will all do that freq. The 2 Bearcats need the steps changed to 7.5khz. My PRO-97 handheld will also do that freq.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
HomePatrol certainly allows it. Of course you need to set it up with a 3rd party software package like ARC-Patrol, but the "quick frequency entry" menu allows it. It may or may-not actually tune this closely, but the entry is allowed and seems to be effective (at least in the quick frequency entry screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.