Dedicated LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol1

Is there a way to clone the display on my BCD996XT directly to a dedicated LCD monitor screen. I am aware of the virtual screens that Butel and Freescan provide but they require the use of a PC and aren't much bigger than the display on the scanner..

Reason I ask is that I have my scanner on my entertainment cabinet in the den and the display on the scanner is to small to read from where I sit. I have a never used 4X3 LCD Monitors I picked up at a government auction I could use for this and think it would look pretty cool.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The radio has no provisions for direct remote display. The only way to do it would be to use the virtual screen on software like you mentioned.

Some ham radios that use LCD screens have VGA or composite video connections, but so far no scanners do. It would be a neat idea for a future radio however.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I know it's not a "no PC" solution, but a middle of the road approach is a thin client machine. They can be had on eBay for around $100 and some are completely quiet (no fans) and power consumption is 30 or 40 watts and are only the size of a phonebook.

Carol1

I know it's not a "no PC" solution, but a middle of the road approach is a thin client machine. They can be had on eBay for around $100 and some are completely quiet (no fans) and power consumption is 30 or 40 watts and are only the size of a phonebook.

That sounds interesting. Can I run this thin client by itself or would I still have to connect it to a PC on my home network?

bezking

It is a standalone unit that runs a stripped-down version of Windows XP (assuming you get the correct one :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.