Scannermaster Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudpoppy

I bought a Pro-106 scanner from them on July 2, it took 10-days to arrive, then to my surprise it turned out to be a pro-164, when I contacted scannermaster they told me that they had little they could do, they only take the orders, someone at radioshack messed up, they called them and a pro-106 is suppose to be on the way, I suppose another 10-days, had I new this before buying, I would of more than likely got a GRE.I will not buy another RS scanner from them.

sigint1

Was: joking
I bought a Pro-106 scanner from them on July 2, it took 10-days to arrive, then to my surprise it turned out to be a pro-164, when I contacted scannermaster they told me that they had little they could do, they only take the orders, someone at radioshack messed up, they called them and a pro-106 is suppose to be on the way, I suppose another 10-days, had I new this before buying, I would of more than likely got a GRE.I will not buy another RS scanner from them.

Although I have only one experience with Scannermeaster it was ok - but I have to wonder about your statement - You say you ordered it on July 2 and it took 10 days to arrive - that means it woild have arrived on July 12 - but if I am not mistaken this is only the 10 th of July ????

Techy

I have used Scannermaster many of times for my scanners. I had a issue where the GRE I had ordered was defective. They went out of there way to take care of me. I mean the service was great. I had the scanner re-shipped back to me in 1 days time. Proudpoppy, im sorry you had a bad experience.

W8RW

I was thinking about ordering a pizza after work tomorrow, but I haven't got my pizza yet and it will probably be cold. Never going back to that place again!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

Knowing Scannermaster as I do I am more inclined to place the blame in
this situation with (Non)Radio Shack. Radio Shack has a history of employees that know nothing about anything radio/scanner related whereas Scannermaster's staff knows scanners as well as anyone.
This sounds like a case of some Radio Shack drone not understanding the
differences between scanners and sending you the wrong one.
I am sorry you had a tough buying experience but from the info you have provided so far it looks like another in a long line of Radio Shack mistakes.
Marshall KE4ZNR

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
When u order a RS106 as i was about to do from ScannerMaster is it "drop-shipped" from RadioShack, don't they stock them personally??....There the cheapest @$329.00 now plus i wanted the latest firmware.....

mrkelso

Done business many many times with ScannerMaster and never had a problem. They go above and beyond to help you.

proudpoppy

Scannermaster

I'm not blaming Scannermaster they did what was in their control to do, my statement was to let others know that if you are thinking about buying a RS scanner through them, you may want to think again. Had I known they were just a outlet and did not have the scanners I may have been influenced to buy another brand, this was my second purchase through Scannermaster, my first was a GRE PSR-500 and I still love it, I would like to see a notice on their web site letting people know that the radios are drop shipped through RS I trusted the people at Scannermaster, not Radio Shack, hence the reason I didn't go to RS to start with. Scannermaster has went above and beyond to correct the problem, I would buy again, just would call and ask questions instead of buying from the internet page.

proudpoppy

About the ten day thing, I estimate most time I ordered July 2 it came yesterday July 9, but now it will be double the time before I get what I ordered. But again Scannermaster customer service has been exceptional in what they could do to resolve it.

vansigint98661

Premium Subscriber
I've ordered from ScannerMaster several times and they do go out of their way. In fact, they got an order wrong with an antenna. Their small mag-mount with mini cable was one I ordered with the correct connector for the 396XT and HP-1. They sent the identical antenna with a BNC in error. They corrected immediately when I contacted them on-line. Cannot complain about their service.

Now Radio Shack is another matter. Before Christmas I ordered a Pro-197 from RS.com and everything took forever. It did take about 10 days to ground ship that thing. Plus, originally they were going to deliver it to my home with a required signature. How many of us remain home for days on end awaiting the FedEx to arrive. It was marked NOT to send to a FedEx store either, but after I groused about it, they finally did, where I went in the evening it arrived, and signed for it there. But it did take about 10 days. The difference. ScannerMaster had it on my doorstep within five days, ground UPS. Accurately trackable all the way from MA to OR and to me across the river.

What I learned from this was that I will order from ScannerMaster in a heartbeat, but if I cannot find the radio I want in a store in the metro area, I'll pass and get a Uniden. Small items from Ratshack not in their store, can probably be sent Priority Mail, which would be an option. But never again anything major.

JMHO

QwKiE

I think on the ground shipping, this you got to know where the item is comming from is it 1 state away or the whole country you are fast to critize Radio Shack as we do all know the stores have gone down hill for scanners yes. But we all buy many things because you can find a Radio shack on every corner it seems like. Online buying from Radio Shack has never been a problem for me on line they know everything that the store sells and all about the equiptment. As for prices they are the best I got a 500 dollar (HP 1) radio for 380 fom the shack, (NEW) and in less than 10 days to my door, The shack is very competive but not the worst at all as to dealing with. Lets quit the bashing on all stores if you feel you had a problem no one on this site can help you with it, just help you complain. If you buy something and its drop shipped you might as well just buy from that company, then you can complain to them not the middle man.
I am not a great typer so I hope you can read between the lines here but I do see so many complainers and for the most part it's probably you that made the mistake. I just say quit dissing people as I am sure you would not like it if you were dissed. Have a nice day.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Don't complain, you may have something to gain. (I should be a rapper.) Depending on your state you may be able to keep merchandise you didn't order so consider it a twofer.

wise871

Database Admin
How come you didn't drive over to one of the dozen Radio Shacks in your area and pick one up. I count 7 RS within a 10 mile radius of Greer (29650) that have them in stock. Your in a target rich area for Pro-106. The closest one is just at 3 miles away. You said you don't trust Radio Shack but you can never go wrong if you actually walk in and do a hands-on purchase. You know exactly what your getting when you walk out of the store compared to ordering online and taking your chances.

Last edited:

QwKiE

So you paid $379.99 + tax and shipping for a radio shack radio from a third party and the same radio from Radio Shack on line sells for $324.99 minus the $20.00 coupon you can get to use on line + tax free shipping about $ 75.00 + cheaper from the person you did not deal with directly. Wow something don"t sound right to me. Then you blame them for the mistake because the third party says it's not there fault.

57Bill

The OP posted a "warning" to fellow hobbyists to make certain considerations when ordering a certain product on-line from a certain vendor. Most replies admonish the OP. Moral: If you are in a building and smell smoke, don't yell "Fire"!

wise871

Database Admin
I understand his point about his experience. I just wondered why he didn't get one locally. Even if you distrust Radio Shack, not much can go wrong when you can pick one up locally and do a hands on inspection prior to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.