decoding PL and MDC1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

2009KVFD976

Is there such a program that will decode MDC1200, PL, or Kenwood Fleetsync IDs?? It dosent have to be a 3 in 1, i dont mind having 3 different programs on my laptop.

fineshot1

Is there such a program that will decode MDC1200, PL, or Kenwood Fleetsync IDs?? It dosent have to be a 3 in 1, i dont mind having 3 different programs on my laptop.

One of these will do as well, i use the DC440 and they dont make these anymore
but if you can find a used one they work well.

Optoelectronics DC440 DTMF CTCSS DCS Decoder ICOM CI-V | eBay

Optoelectronics DC442 DTMF CTCSS DCS Decoder ICOM CI-V | eBay

Optoelectronics DC-440 Tone Decoder - RadioReference Classifieds

Waters & Stanton PLC TRAKKER Optoelectronics Communications Decoder

Optoelectronics, Inc.

2009KVFD976

I have an HT1250 and CM300 and they will decode MDC on our county fire channel and a couple of others but it wont do it on our ARES channel. both TX and RX are set to MDC system 1... i might not have something set right?

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
DCSdecode works great on my Win7 laptop. Decodes CTCSS, DCS and inverted DCS via audio ported to the sound card. It's a bit of trouble to get LabVIEW 85 RunTime Engine installed, which is necessary for the program to function, but it's worth it! I'm using audio from a USB RTLSDR dongle via Virtual Audio Cable to feed the audio to my sound card.

https://sites.google.com/site/radioetcetera/home/dcsdecodeprogram

DCSdecode - NI Software Informer.

EDIT added:

LabView85 RunTime URL:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/861/lang/en

Here's a similar discussion from another RR user:

http://forums.radioreference.com/general-scanning-forum/140579-dpl-decode-software-soundcard.html

Last edited:
Mdc

I got both of these on both my laptop and tower, but neither one will decode anything.. i had it on the tower on the line in and the mic port but still nothing.

These work, however you need to tinker with the line in/recording levels on your sound card. Once you have it just right, MDC is decoded with about 90% reliability. Not perfect.

I use a guitar tuning program to grab PL:

Guitar Tuning Software - Professional Guitar Tuner Download It helps to know the known PL frequencies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I got both of these on both my laptop and tower, but neither one will decode anything.. i had it on the tower on the line in and the mic port but still nothing.

I have had horrible luck decoding MDC with WinMDCd recently. Years ago I had it working, but I've changed computers and receivers many times since then, and no combination seems to work right at this point.

If you had the ability to transmit (or the patience to wait to receive) lots of MDC data and fine-tune your setup, I'm sure you could get MDCd to work. It's a case of the right audio levels and sound card input configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.