Emory Airlife Helicopter Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttabean

Ive got a question i cant find a answer to. I monitor most Stateband/MED/H.E.A.R channels to hear the EMS-Hospital comms in my area. I know that most ambulance svcs, county ems, use cellphones for contacting the ER's and notifying them that they're coming & the patients problems, vital signs, and current conditions are give them a heads up that way. And the majority of traffic that i hear is when air support (Airlife Helicopter, Air One from Atlanta Medical Center, so forth) is calling in to the hospitals over the HEAR system or MED1, MED2, MED3, channels cause they maybe cant use a cellphone due to wearing helmets, or it may interfere with the aircrafts electronics or for whatever reason. But when they are flying pediatric patients into the local childrens hospitals i dont hear them calling in to alert them (Scottish Rite, Egleston Hospital) over any of them frequencies. Is their some special frequencies that they use different from others or are they sending this electronically (Messaging Thru Computer/Phone Text Type) or are they gone digital now? Im also curious as to how they dispatch their aircraft? Im thinking by phone or Nextel, Southernlinc or some way thats un-monitorable im not sure? I can hear them communicating with ATC towers giving their positions & so forth & saying they are in route to a childrens hospital but i never hear them call the hospital to give info that they are flyin into a childrens hospital. The Frequencies ive got are these below.

154.2800, 155.3400, 155.2800, 463.00000, 463.02500, 463.05000, 463.07500, 463.10000, 463.12500, 463.15000, 463.17500, 462.95000, 462.97500.

Are my chances of hearing them better If i go and program the remainder of the frequencies into my scanner from here--> Public Safety Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference or will that be waste of time or will that even get close to hearing anything more than i already do?

Buttabean

Nothing Heard/Found

Upon researching on this site i cant find a licensed frequency for Egleston Hospital/Scottish Rite (CHOA) in the database for EMS-Hospital communications other than whats already programmed in my unit so i can only assume a cellphone or some other form of communication is being used to relay the patients vital signs & arrival ETA's to these medical centers. But i have discovered theys a handfull more frequencies im missin that are used nationwide that i dont have. Although half of the ones i do have are dead anyways.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
B98.5% of all Life Flight type services work off of Nextel or SouthernLinc. On board the helo's, most have Wulfsberg radios that can communicate with almost all non TRS systems, as well as Motorola equipment that is programmed into the DTR's. Mostly they talk to the FD's when enroute, then either on their digital phones to the hospitals. You can also try monitoring the air bands, 123.0-123.1 for local helo frequencies.

KI4RDO

Silent Key
@b7spectra most comms are either on HEAR or ST FIRE. Most comms are simplex

sent from my mobile communication device

Buttabean

Confusion

B98.5% of all Life Flight type services work off of Nextel or SouthernLinc. On board the helo's, most have Wulfsberg radios that can communicate with almost all non TRS systems, as well as Motorola equipment that is programmed into the DTR's. Mostly they talk to the FD's when enroute, then either on their digital phones to the hospitals. You can also try monitoring the air bands, 123.0-123.1 for local helo frequencies.

I got the Helo-ATC towers programmed too. Why dont they use the Nextel/SouthernLincs to comm with Grady, AMC, and Kennestone hospitals when they fly into their facilities? I can hear then talking on the HEAR/MED 1, MED 2, MED 3 channels when they fly into one of those hopspitals, so why dont they use the same system & cut back on expenses? I can hear the Henry cty fire dept battalion chiefs comm on 154.28 when they inbound to a scene but barelt hear the helo responding back for sum odd reason????

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Medical helos are not like a ground medic which may only respond a few miles away, they can go hundreds of miles away so they need a communications system with wide area coverage. Although there are EMS ground units which use cellphones I personally have never known an air unit to use them..

Here in Ohio medical helicopters use either their local trunked systems or Ohio MARCS statewide trunked system and/or the multi-state 172 county American Electric Power trunked system due to their wide area coverage.

Check your trunked systems for "medical air" talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.