Need help: Can't hear any thing on UHF 424.1750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone, i have problem with my Fire Department radio
I'm living in West Bloomfield and they are using 424.175 frequency with 100.0 PL Tone which i found from radioreference database. i programmed my uniden and wouxan with that frequency and tone but the problem i have is i can't hear anything except Dispatch, none of members, trucks...
also i went to fire station and activated close-call ( uniden BCD436HP ), when they were talking on radio, my uniden radio didn't find anything!!!
Can anyone help me? I really appreciate it.

RayAir

I've had that frequency pop up and all I heard was dispatch also.

They are on the county digital TRS called OpenSky.
Only the call outs are patched to analog. The rest of the comms are on OpenSky.

They only patch so they can set off Minitor's.

Some FDs in the county are OpenSky exclusive, some patch call outs only and others just patch the tones to set off Minitor's. A few patch their dispatch channel so you'll be able to hear everything on that one channel.

I was kind of hoping DSD would be able to decode OpenSky by now.

NOFA, Independence, Brandon, Groveland, Lake Orion, Madison Heights, and Commerce are some that patch the entire dispatch channel. Troy might too.

Waterford and Bloomfield Township just patch the tone out.

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
I've had that frequency pop up and all I heard was dispatch also.

They are on the county digital TRS called OpenSky.
Only the call outs are patched to analog. The rest of the comms are on OpenSky.

They only patch so they can set off Minitor's.

Some FDs in the county are OpenSky exclusive, some patch call outs only and others just patch the tones to set off Minitor's. A few patch their dispatch channel so you'll be able to hear everything on that one channel.

I was kind of hoping DSD would be able to decode OpenSky by now.

NOFA, Independence, Brandon, Groveland, Lake Orion, Madison Heights, and Commerce are some that patch the entire dispatch channel. Troy might too.

Waterford and Bloomfield Township just patch the tone out.

Hi, thank you for reply
i saw the open sky page. i found 3 frequency (open sky) for West Bloomfield. again i can't hear any thing and also dispatch!!! ( I have wouxun dual band and uniden BCD436HP)
Another problem is i don't know a lot about open sky and which radio exactly i need for open sky.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Fire125 in short if you want to listen to this system you will have to join the Department be issued a Department owned radio and listen to that radio. With the cost of digital radios costing in the thousands of dollars most Departments will only issue radios to ranking officers and hand out $400.00 pagers to the other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.