Got Ripped Off Big Time BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
So I ordered an Uniden BCD536HP Wednesday night and paid extra for 1 day delivery. The package came today! I was so excited to get it up and running to listen to it this weekend. I open the shipping box and pull out my baby. It feels a little light I think. There are a few scuff marks on the outside. I think to myself, boy I hope I didn't get a return. Amazon has been sending me other people's returns every so often. Annoying when it's marked as "NEW". Well, anyways, I grab my knife and carefully open one end of the box and pull out some more packing material from inside. Then I get the main box. The scanner has been wrapped up but not very neatly I think. Well, I keep going. I carefully rip the tape off and slide the brand new scanner out. Out comes out an old, broken, dirty, Uniden BC 760XLT!

Seriously!!!!??? What kind of a piece of a rat !%#% would do this?

I get on the phone with Amazon customer service and Jackie took care of me. She refunded the one day shipping fee and sent another unit out ASAP. It will be here on Monday. It's an inconvenience for sure but I'm pleased with the outcome. To whoever did this dirty trick, #%#@& you! I hope the BCD536HP you stole catches on fire and burns your house down.

I am glad it happened to one of us scanner guys on here so it could be shared on the forum to laugh at. LMAO.

Thank you Jackie and Amazon.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,807

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Seems I saw a similar posting earlier this week -- sounded like the same ripoff situation

The thread was from 2015. Someone had commented on it more recently.

**EDIT**

No, I'm mistaken. It happened a couple weeks ago. That sucks that someone is buying several BCD536HP's and putting in the same broken scanner that fits the space in the box.

K9JRF

Premium Subscriber
Amazon customer service I have found to be really quick to solve issues like this, I have had same thing happen with other items before.

Hopefully you won't have the same issue / result with the second shipment.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
That sucks that someone is buying several BCD536HP's and putting in the same broken scanner that fits the space in the box.

NO ! ! ! It sucks that amazon (the seller) is not checking items returned to them. Refunds and exchanges should NOT happen until the item returned is verified to be at least the same model number. The scumbags that are doing this deserve the full cost of the 536 to go back on their credit card.

In reality, and depending what state, it may be considered grand theft and a felony.

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
You would think they would be verifying that items returned are said items. I know if i return something to my local Walmart customer service they open the box and physically check to see if item being returned is said item, and all accessories to said item are in the box. Sounds to me like Amazon is slacking in this dept.

BigDogg795

Incidentally, I ordered a pair of boots from Amazon recently; when I got them I actually received two different model boots in the same box. I wonder what's going on lately.

pr4367

Had tThat Happen

I have had that happen with Amazon also. The radio was used but it did work. I gave a bad review and complained. The review was never allowed to post but they did give me a twenty five percent refund. It was shipped from Amazon LLC.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Its a real bad a** world out there...That Uniden 760 looked like a floater from Japan !!!!!

Voyager

Hopefully they are tracking the items so they can tell who it was sold to the first time, and will file charges against them - or at least charge their card again since the item was not returned.

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
When I worked at Home Depot people used to buy a water heater and put the old one in the box and return it. The customer service reps didnt want to reopen the box so it went unnoticed until the box started leaking on the shelf lol.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
When I worked at Home Depot people used to buy a water heater and put the old one in the box and return it. The customer service reps didnt want to reopen the box so it went unnoticed until the box started leaking on the shelf lol.

That feel you get when you spend good money on a product and get someone's old broken junk. Feels bad man.

It's quite the feeling let me tell you! LOL..

I am laughing about it since my new scanner should be here tomorrow! I'll post pics of my new baby!

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Got another package in from Amazon..

No POS this time!

It works great! Gotta figure out how to set the quick keys and I'll be set. I like the audio quality on P25 better than the 396XT. The auto replay rocks.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 942
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 914
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,030
Last edited:
Status