FCC Database - Radio Rental/Sales Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

som

A lot of the frequencies I hit upon here in Orleans Parish are licensed to a certain radio sales/rentals company (Two-Way Communications, Inc.) when I look them up in the FCC Database. My question: Is there a way to find out which company is using a particular frequency beyond just Two-Way Communications? In other words, is there a way to find out who purchased/rented the radios that are using a particular frequency?

Thanks!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Only by listening. SMRs only license the system as a whole. Their clientel puts the systems to own uses.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

n5ims

And one thing about rentals is that they change often as a radio is turned in and reassigned to a new renter. This is especially true with short-term events with lots of visitors (Jazz Fest for example). They rent radios for a month or so and turn them back in for the next group to rent them. That talkgroup may be security one month, a catering company's "send more mudbugs to table 5" the next month, and a film crew's "get Bob into makeup NOW" the next.

I mention Jazz Fest as an example because when I was there a couple of years ago, they had a portable trunking site there for various groups to have "their own" radio channel during the event. Most were boring "let the po-boy catering truck enter the delivery area now", "the porta-potties are getting full by the Gentilly Stage", and once in a blue moon you'll get something exciting like "Leroy Jones will be on the yellow mic, the purple one's dead".

nd5y

If a rental company applies for a STA (Special Temporary Authority) license for a particular even there will usually be an attachment to the application stating the purpose of the application. Usually these will name the event.

som

For what it's worth, the frequency is 462.075 in Orleans Parish, Louisiana.

After listening to it for awhile, I'm convinced it's either Goodwill Industries or the SPCA, which is what it's listed as in the RR database. The FCC Database has two entries, one saying it's for UNO Lakefront Campus and one for Two-Way Communications, the radio sales/rental place I mentioned earlier.

What makes me think it's Goodwill: They mention pickups, and talk about things like Work Adjustment Training, which is a Goodwill program that helps people adjust to the workplace. Also, the main Goodwill location (storefront, but also warehouses, lots of trucks, etc.) is a few blocks away from where I am.

What makes me think it's SPCA: Not much, but I think I heard someone say "two dogs on the corner of X and X" at some point.

Any New Orleans folks have an idea what I'm listening to? Any chance it could be... both?

som

Okay, now they're talking about a "street performer illegally set up on the corner of St. Ann and Dumaine."

What is up with this frequency??

Status
Not open for further replies.