Under $250 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisconsinjimmy

Premium Subscriber
I need to get a scanner that is handheld and digital for less then $250.00 if possible. I am retired so money is an issue and I would purchase on Amazon.
I am interested in two states, MN and WI and to narrow this down in WI, Polk, Burnett Coumties. In MN it would be Chisago, Pine and Washington,
I have a Yaesu FT-60R radio and from what I here is that it does not make a good scanner.

Thanks for your Help.
Jim, Cushing, WI

DJ11DLN

The wiki here will tell you what you need to know about the systems in those locations, and what type of scanner will let you monitor them. Beyond that, eBay, craigslist, LetGo, etc often have affordable used scanners on them. I saw a WS-1065 near me on LetGo yesterday, allegedly still NIB and never programmed, for $120. So deals are out there, you just have to look for them. Check the classified section here too.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Your best bet is to check Craigslist for the models mentioned above. There is a desktop Uniden 996T on the Minneapolis Craigslist for $175.00 even though you want portable. Just be patient, they pop up enough.

marksmith

reconrider8

This is likely the only new scanner out there that is p25 digital and in the price range requested. You might also run into a discontinued 396xt, which is probably a better radio, but the price has been holding on those since they were discontinued.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others
Hey say what you want it does what I want it to do

Status
Not open for further replies.