RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion - For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Manufacturer specific posts should be directed to the appropriate forums below and location specific posts should go in the appropriate regional forum..

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 12:14 PM

Default Whistler 1040 question

I bought a 1040 for listening to drivers at race events and so I can learn about this hobby. I can listen to the weather station but I cannot get the scanner to listen to local PD and fire. The scanner triggers when a mic is keyed, but no voices.

Here are the local frequency listings I am using: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2068

and here is how I have objects set up in the scanner. You will see duplicates (1-4/5-8) as I try to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I bought this antenna (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) as I tried to figure out what was going on but inside or outside, the scanner behavior is the same.

Any ideas?

I appreciate any help and insight! Thanks.

Rex
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2017, 9:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

There is a note that, "All agencies in Greene County have migrated to the MARCS-IP system."

It appears the police and fire can no longer be programmed as conventional channels but rather must now be entered as part of a P25 system. Refer to the following system: Ohio MARCS-IP

Shawn
Old 05-07-2017, 8:17 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

You need to program the MARCS towers located in Greene County and the talkgroups for Greene County.
Old 05-07-2017, 9:14 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Now on to figuring out how to set up the talk groups....
Old 05-07-2017, 9:29 AM

I get voices now! I don't think I am getting them all so I have some fine tuning to do.

Thanks again! I can't believe I missed that note on the main page.
Sponsored links