P25 over analog to phone and android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Nothing really that special. The explanation is a little off though since Quantars are P25 capable repeaters. The only thing they don't have is the ISSI gateway (which would be located with the Zone controller in a typical Astro 25 network).

I'd be willing to bet the Etherstack controller is being utilized with an ISSI gateway to the Cisco gateway.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
They are just looking to full gaps nobody else really has touched fully. I do find it funny he says I'm using this Tait they won't sue us. Lol

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
They are just looking to full gaps nobody else really has touched fully. I do find it funny he says I'm using this Tait they won't sue us. Lol

Eh, depends on when the video was made. Motorola has Wave and MCC dispatch consoles but they are quite expensive to setup. RF Technology's (rebranded by Icom) Eclispe 2 passes all traffic over a standard SIP protocol (so soft phones and call boxes can be reconfigured easily for use). So it really depends on how deep you dig and how well the salesmen are doing their jobs.

I always find the cellular solution a bit of a joke though due to the lack of existing coverage covering the same area as the "legacy" (which is actually a current release of Astro 25) P25 system. So really limiting usefulness to small departments that actually have decent cellular coverage or moving LTE solutions to secondary users (completely doable).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
There are a number of companies doing this.
Cisco thinks they crap gold bricks, at least their marketing people think they do. Nothing really that special.

Cisco has been sniffing around the public safety side of things for many years now. They pop up with some interesting products, but they still don't comprehend "life safety" grade systems.

Since many agencies are putting the two way radio shop into the IT group, Cisco has taken advantage of the fact that many IT directors know zero about radio systems. Like Motorola, market some wizz-bang toys to the top guy, then hopefully he'll buy a system and dump it on the radio guys to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.