I need assistance with scanner antennas. Types and install locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciguy222

I recently purchased a Uniden BCD536HP scanner and I am very pleased with the product. The supplied antenna is okay but I want to extend the range. My questions are aimed at the types of antennas that forum members would recommend for the scanner. For base operation I was thinking of purchasing the WBD-40 Discone base antenna. I’m thinking of installing the antenna in my attic. The 30’ x 40’ x 18’ (at the apex) attic is finished and I use it for storage. So the WBD-40 will fit. I do however have 6 aluminum tape-wrapped HVAC vents at floor level. I’m thinking of installing the WBD-40 at the apex and running the coax down one floor. The reason why I’m installing it in the attic is because of my subdivision by-laws. They won’t allow me to install the WBD-40 on the exterior of the house, although some of my neighbors have installed satellite dish antennas. The mobile choice is the TRAM 1094-BNC. Can anyone tell me if I’m headed in the right direction, insofar as the antenna brands (stated above) and my attic install ideas are concerned? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.