local channel goes from Conv. to Truck.. Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Hello,

had a local agency go from conv. to truck, any suggestions on how to track which system it is. I know I'll have to go in and make a new truck system, just wondering which one it is..

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Trunked, not truck.

They have probably migrated to the Ohio MARC system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

had a local agency go from conv. to truck, any suggestions on how to track which system it is. I know I'll have to go in and make a new truck system, just wondering which one it is..

Thanks
Per the notes on the Greene County database page, the system in use is statewide MARCS-IP.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6643

Looking at the related county links on the system, it appears that other than dispatch talkgroups, most of the law enforcementTGID's are encrypted (look for the E in the mode column).

dwayne0564

worked yesterday on it, didn't go P25, just conventional Trunking, have two scanner types, Uniden, and Whistler, to my surprise, tweaking the Whistler was easy, Uniden has been Interesting.

dwayne0564

actually, it the xenia local school district, have changed from conventional Analog to Digital, Just can't get the Uniden to find it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
They probably have a talkgroup or several on an existing trunked system. In my area they are mostly on the local county P25 public safety system, or a local DMR system that serves a variety of businesses and organizations. Doing that is generally cheaper than licensing your own frequency and maintaining your own transmitter and tower.

phask

Premium Subscriber
actually, it the xenia local school district, have changed from conventional Analog to Digital, Just can't get the Uniden to find it.

Is it actually Xenia, or one of the surrounding ones? I saw no new licenses to Xenia School system.

As mentioned - might be on some other commercial system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I saw no new licenses to Xenia School system.

As mentioned - might be on some other commercial system.

A lack of new license for the school system pretty much guarantees they are leasing talkgroups on some other trunked system.

dwayne0564

When I receive the signal on the whistler 1080 , it gives me the frequency but has a DMR in front of it, I assume that means ( Digital Motorola), but it also says slot 1 and Color 9, my Uniden, when you go to the software for the 436HP, I have the option for digital or analog, but If I put it on Digital, still no reception

phask

Premium Subscriber
When I receive the signal on the whistler 1080 , it gives me the frequency but has a DMR in front of it, I assume that means ( Digital Motorola), but it also says slot 1 and Color 9, my Uniden, when you go to the software for the 436HP, I have the option for digital or analog, but If I put it on Digital, still no reception

Did you purchase the DMR upgrade for the 436? (if already answered I missed it).

dwayne0564

ok, now I realize I need the DMR upgrade, for my 436hp, can I do that for a homepatrol 1 or am I out of luck, and how come Whistler can include it on their scanners and Whistler won't seems, like Whistler is trying to get one up on Uniden.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
HP-1 and -2 do not currently have DMR upgrades available.

Status
Not open for further replies.