Squelch Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any scanners or cheaper radios that I can scan with that will remove the nasty PL Tone reverse/squelch tail.

K2RNI

I program the PL tone for all the channels on my BCT15X and it's always silent and clean at the end of the transmissions.

scanmanmi

Are you trying to remove the PL tone or the squelch tail. The PL tone is transmitted during the whole transmission and is sometimes audible which I may be able to help you remove. The nasty squelch tails that I hate so much are just a second at the end. Programming in the PL and not just listening to a bare channel helps, some scanners better than others. If you can find a digital squelch number that sometimes works better (some places transmit both). My scanner had some adjustments that could be made deep in one of the menus so don't give up on your rig just yet, there may be a little hope.

oracavon

I program the PL tone for all the channels on my BCT15X and it's always silent and clean at the end of the transmissions.

Performance of the Uniden scanners (including the BCT15X) depends on the radio system you're listening to. In my area, for example, using the PL eliminates the squelch tail on some channels but not others. It depends on whether the radio system you're listening to drops the PL simultaneously with the carrier (in which case the Unidens will still give you a squelch tail), or whether the PL is dropped prior to dropping the carrier, in which case the Unidens will silence the audio before you get a squelch tail. We have both types of radio systems locally, and the difference is noticeable (and annoying - it's one of the few things I really dislike about the Uniden scanners).

Status
Not open for further replies.