Small Business Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
While at a Container Store in Reston, VA yesterday, I observed employees with small black radios with earpieces. They were not much larger than a credit card, and they had fairly large gray buttons on the front of them. They were not the Motorola CLP radios. Any ideas as to what these radios are? I didn't get any Close Call hits after browsing in the store for some time.

Thanks,
Dave

KC3ECJ

What kind of close call are you using? I was using a Radio Shack analog scanner with their version of it trying to capture a Motorola DMR radio and was getting various estimated readings of the actual frequency.

Ubbe

CloseCall can't handle pulsating signals from a DMR radio. Basestations are ok but their antennas are probably on the roof or a low level signal from indoor antennas or leaky coax elements.

It's probably DECT or WiFi based communication for such a large indoor location.

/Ubbe

bill4long

While at a Container Store in Reston, VA yesterday, I observed employees with small black radios with earpieces. They were not much larger than a credit card, and they had fairly large gray buttons on the front of them. They were not the Motorola CLP radios. Any ideas as to what these radios are? I didn't get any Close Call hits after browsing in the store for some time.

Why didn't you just ask to examine one? You can always go back and ask. Or call them. You're welcome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.