Squaretrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Question,

I ordered some new scanners to improve my feed. I forgot to add protection to the scanners through amazon.

My question is;

Anyone use Squaretrade for mobile/base Uniden scanners?
Which plan? I would prefer through Amazon.

If not Squaretrade then who?

Amazon said I could cancel my order and reorder, but in one day the price went up $40 a piece, so that isn't going to happen. LOL

Thanks,

Allen

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Extended warranties are a waste of money. There is a reason everyone wants to sell them...

JamesO

Extended warranties are just a profit center for the companies selling them. I roll with the punches, I figured with all the money I could have wasted on an extended warranties that I probably would never have had a claim with, I have saved on any out of pocket replacements or repairs I have picked up over the years. I can probably count on 2 hands the number of failures I have had over the years of anything I purchased. Many of the failures I repaired for cheaper than any extended warranty would have cost.

One problem with many extended warranties is they will just pay for a replacement and not always a repair. If the item that failed is no longer available, chances are a comparable product is available for less than it would cost to repair what you currently have.

Say if you are buying 5 of one product, buy a 6th and assume this is your replacement. Chances are you are no worse off then buying extended coverage on 5 items.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
When the 6th (the 3rd) is a hundred dollars, yeah, Not willing to buy a spare on my wages. If it was SDR dongles, then yes, I agree at $15 a piece.

abbadabbado

warranties

I bought 42 inc h tv from evine an picked up a 5 year war. from squaretrade. after about 1 year the tv had a line down thru it. about the half size of a pencil lead. called square trade an after teck checked it out . they sent me a check for 800.00 dollars an told me to through the tv out. to this day my doughter uses this tv in her guest room. well worth it. total price for the tv was 999.00 this was about 5 years ago.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
They are only worth it if you can’t afford to replace or can’t repair the item in question. I got one on my used car and it paid for itself less than a year later. A $400 radiator repair cost me $50. They are also good for expensive computers. Apple offers good ones.

oracavon

Question,

I ordered some new scanners to improve my feed. I forgot to add protection to the scanners through amazon.

My question is;

Anyone use Squaretrade for mobile/base Uniden scanners?
Which plan? I would prefer through Amazon.

If not Squaretrade then who?

Amazon said I could cancel my order and reorder, but in one day the price went up $40 a piece, so that isn't going to happen. LOL

Thanks,

Allen

Squaretrade allows you a 30-day window after your purchase to buy a corresponding protection plan, per their website (I just bought a new device. How many days do I have to protect it?). However, you must make sure you are buying the correct plan for your device (device category, protection type, and price range).

You can buy the corresponding Squaretrade warranty separately on Amazon. Start on the Amazon page where you purchased your radio. In the upper right area, where it allows you to add a protection plan, click on the name of the plan instead of checking the box next to the name. You will get a pop-up window to add the plan. But instead of clicking the "add" button in the pop-up window, click on the "Learn More" link at the bottom of the pop-up window. This will take you to the Amazon purchase page for purchasing the Squaretrade plan as a separate item, where you can add it to your cart and go through the standard Amazon order process. By starting out on the original radio page, you can be sure that you're getting the correct plan for your radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.