P25 systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7MFC

WRAA720
Are you having issues listening to P25 systems in general or are you referring to a specific system in your local area?

kwk1950

well i hear all counties near me but not Belmont County in Ohio. Its P25 and cant hear them. I hear them dispatch units out but not the units. I think they are DE code. Not just D code. That maybe the problem. Any suggestions? I have a whistler ws-1065.

troymail

Silent Key
well i hear all counties near me but not Belmont County in Ohio. Its P25 and cant hear them. I hear them dispatch units out but not the units. I think they are DE code. Not just D code. That maybe the problem. Any suggestions? I have a whistler ws-1065.

Could be... "E" as you probably know means encrypted -- so anything marked to included an "E" you won't hear more than gibberish (or a "busy signal" on a Whistler) - if you hear the talkgroup at all.

If they are marked encrypted, there are no suggestions/options available.

You may also find others that are not marked "E" but are actually partially or fully encrypted as well...

And you may find additional talkgroups not in the database (using a Wildcard) that are also encrypted (and you won't know what they are).

Status
Not open for further replies.