NXDN NEXEDGE 4800

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What type of NXDN 4800 system are you trying to receive?
I have a TRX-1 and a TRX-2 that work but I bought a NX-5300 UHF and a NX-5200 VHF that work better for what I am monitoring. I did a bacis search of every county that touches the county you live in and found no listed NXDN users. I did see DMR and P25 in your area.

troymail

Silent Key
FWIW - I have a NXDN frequency here that doesn't show up anywhere as NXDN except for the RRDB listing (I may have been the one who submitted it). The recently renewed FCC license says it is DMR.

This isn't the first NXDN (or DMR) that I've found which isn't documented anywhere.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've found a fair amount of inaccuracy in the FCC database. My guess is that the FCC doesn't really care (or maybe has other priorities) as long as the licensee is licensed for those frequency or frequencies.

There are some DMR or NXDN frequencies that still show as analog in the FCC licensing database.

New DMR and NXDN frequencies are popping up all over the place. Both are cost effective digital alternatives for systems that don't get big grants and can't expend lots of money for P25 systems.

FWIW - I have a NXDN frequency here that doesn't show up anywhere as NXDN except for the RRDB listing (I may have been the one who submitted it). The recently renewed FCC license says it is DMR.

This isn't the first NXDN (or DMR) that I've found which isn't documented anywhere.

troymail

Silent Key
The specific emission types for some of these licenses are probably more for tracking down offenders if the need arises.

In the Baltimore area, I had Southwest Airlines licensed for a frequency on their trunk system as DMR with another use that was farther away from my location using the same frequency and only licensed for analog. The latter finally updated their licensed for DMR 6-8 months later....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've found a fair amount of inaccuracy in the FCC database. My guess is that the FCC doesn't really care (or maybe has other priorities) as long as the licensee is licensed for those frequency or frequencies.

There are some DMR or NXDN frequencies that still show as analog in the FCC licensing database.

New DMR and NXDN frequencies are popping up all over the place. Both are cost effective digital alternatives for systems that don't get big grants and can't expend lots of money for P25 systems.
I've seen much the same thing in my region. Agencies that are only licensed for analog emissions, but in fact are using DMR or P25, and have been for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.