RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion - For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Manufacturer specific posts should be directed to the appropriate forums below and location specific posts should go in the appropriate regional forum..

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 12:58 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sadly I didn't get to hear this personally, but it's a gem: https://soundcloud.com/mn-police-sca...-lollipops-and
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2015, 11:56 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Just heard a officer say (to dispatcher) I've been trying to reach a supervisor by px. Other officer came on and said he has no minutes on the phone. Officer comes back says he must have Obama phone.
Old 02-10-2015, 4:43 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

“ Mother reports daughter never came home from school. Possibly with boyfriend. Unsure which one, says she has 9.”
Old 02-10-2015, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefrischling View Post
“ Mother reports daughter never came home from school. Possibly with boyfriend. Unsure which one, says she has 9.”
Lol she must be a hot chick
Old 02-10-2015, 8:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Martinsburg PD dispatch to one of the Martinsburg PD units:

"He's not going anywhere."

"He's downstairs right now. He appears to have urinated all over the floor, and he's...laying in it."

One wonders how this situation came about...
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2015, 8:43 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

"Landlord is attempting to illegally evict his tenant because he does not approve of his fiancée. The fiancée does not live there."
Old 02-12-2015, 9:32 PM

Dispatch to PD Units: Were getting a frantic call from XYZ address, RP states their neighbors are causing a disturbance and they need an officer to respond. RP further states the neighbors at the residence next door do drugs and have violent tendencies. RP warns that arriving officers should use extreme caution when approaching the residence.

Responding PD Unit: Dispatch, I'm familiar with that residence and I'm en route, CANCEL any cover.
Sergeant: Uh, it sure sounds like we need a cover unit for you...
PD Unit: NO, cancel cover!
(2 minutes later): PD Unit: I've arrived on scene and moved the basketball hoop a few inches back from the sidewalk, I told RP it was NOT a hazard. Show me back in service (laughing)...
Old 02-13-2015, 12:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

There's always been the stories of firemen being called to get cats out of trees for little old ladies, but this one really happened a couple of months ago locally. Granted, I don't know how old the RP was, but the local engine was called because the RPs cat had somehow gotten stuck under the seat in her car. After a bit the Captain asked dispatch to contact Animal Control, in case they ended up needing them, even though it was a Saturday. A few moments later the Cap tells dispatch "Medic Engine to Comm Center, no need for animal control, cat extrication is complete" and of course, Comm Center said it back to the Cap exactly as he had said it to her. I seriously stopped what I was doing and laughed out loud
Old 02-13-2015, 9:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just heard...

County Sheriff Deputy: I'm with complainant now. Both deer that were struck and thrown into his yard are dead. Wants to know if he can keep them.

Dispatch: 10-4, as long as he has someplace to store them.

Deputy (after a long pause): Roger that. Says he has a large freezer in his garage that will be full of deer meat tomorrow.

Dispatch: That's just gross.
Old 02-14-2015, 9:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWI_Scanner_Guy View Post
Dispatch: That's just gross.
LOL! Free meat is free meat. Nothing gross about it.
Old 02-14-2015, 6:51 PM

An employee at one of the mall's store could not find his car. He pleaded for the mall security to help find his car, since it is not in its usual spot in the parking lot. The car was "found" almost immediately after the PD was called and was told that the car had been repossessed. The security guard said the employee, although disappointed, was glad the car wasn't stolen.
Old 02-22-2015, 9:09 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Listening on one of the local fire channels ... someone is sitting at a fire station in front of the TV, unaware that their radio is keyed up; I can hear a TV show about Chris Kyle, and the person is talking on the phone.
Old 02-23-2015, 1:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Local PD just called to a gas station due to theft of all their Twix candy bars.

Old 02-23-2015, 2:41 PM

Default Not funny as sad maybe

I was listening to KING stations at Andrews AFB in the 1980's. At one point the CP heard sentry down at post XXX. Seems some guy kung-fu'ed the guard for not letting him in to see his girlfriend. Minutes latter all Heck broke loose and they spotted the guy running towards the woods. Next command was "Let the dogs loose" needless to say he had a REAL bad night.

KJ4DGE
Old 02-24-2015, 1:14 PM

Heard a few days ago in the bay area -

Dispatch: The RP states there is a man screaming and yelling at people.
Dispatch: The RP says the man is carrying a drumstick. Unknown what kind.
Old 02-24-2015, 5:28 PM

I just heard a good one here in Milwaukee,WI. I heard a very extended train horn which at first I thought it was a serious accident since there have been many serious and sadly a number of fatalities along this busy mainline that runs west from Milwaukee thru the Suburb of Wauwatosa then all the way out. There are several grade crossings along the Wauwatosa section and many trespassers over the years, plus, Wauwatosa has the stupid no train horn law. Well after the horn finally stopped, the engineer called his distpatcher to let him know that in case in anyone complains, his horn gets stuck for 5 minutes at a time and the only way to stop it is to shut everything down and restart. The dispatcher chuckled but understood.
Old 02-24-2015, 6:27 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

There was a fire call at a local Wal-Mart yesterday. Eventually the command officer came on the radio and told the alarm room that a shopping cart had caught fire, and the sprinkler system had activated, but there was no extension into the building.

I have to assume that he meant either an electric scooter for the customers to use (which have a vertical pole on them to prevent them from being taken outside of the building), or one of the electric cart retrievers that the employees use.
Otherwise, someone deliberately set the contents of a plain shopping cart on fire...

John
Peoria, AZ
Old 02-25-2015, 8:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Dispatcher with a sense of humor
He called out this morning, "See the party at XXXX address, she has done her good dead for today. She started her car, warming it up, in the drive way, and it was stolen within the last 5 minutes."
Old 02-25-2015, 9:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by teufler View Post
Dispatcher with a sense of humor
He called out this morning, "See the party at XXXX address, she has done her good dead for today. She started her car, warming it up, in the drive way, and it was stolen within the last 5 minutes."
Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia, and Wisconsin all prohibit drivers from leaving keys in a car while the engine is running. Fines can be up to $500. I personally know of one case where someone left their car unlocked and running while they were in the post office. When they came back out, they were handed a $100 ticket by a police officer who just happened to notice the idling car. This wasn't in the winter, either.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:12 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Comment redacted, to avoid drift.

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited by krokus; 02-25-2015 at 10:36 AM..

Tags