loading my county frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty9x

been trying to load my county i paid to get the ,download when it loads to chirp software, for my uv-5r ,an pleace dont say couse its a cheap radio that it dont work.

couse i have manually put in a few stations an get reception in the house from 20 miles, when i load it i get error for all 103 stations i know they work youtube is loaded with videos about the nice little cheap radios, some better then say the expecive ones or as good without extras not needed. B rated is not bad ,just some help among other things i may need ,cheshire county NH thanks for any help

dmg1969

scotty9x, the UV-5R is not a bad little radio. I have one that I use for light scanning along with my HomePatrol 1 and 2. I programmed mine with CHIRP, but did so manually because I only have like 10 frequencies in it. It is not ideal for scanning 100+ channels as you indicated because of its slow scan rate. Also, remember that it will only receive UHF and VHF analog frequencies. It will not receive low band or anything digital.

Here is a link to the Cheshire County, NH database page. Can you give me an idea of precisely what it is that you are trying to program? Also, are you sure that you are within range to receive it?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1763

Dave

scotty9x

thank you

yes i like it so far i am looking at a uniden home set up ,an use this for out an about ,i wanted to be able to keep like 20 25 channles are the main ones ,i am also looking at the bear cat for the car 25 watts set up too ,an the ham licence too

.an well what seems to be happening in the link only loads as a word file ctid file ,it load fine then when i try to load the files to chirp it shows nothing but errors for 107 frequencies we have ,yes only about the 30 ,it seems it want to let me load more then the few frequencies i have ,like sometimes i can sehte green light on getting 5 bars but no sound,i like to use the r-cts to keep the squelch down they all seem to be 136,5 the ones i want ,you tube videos help ,i am sure the forum will too ,after many hours i did learn alot this week ,my dad was into scanners ,an in this day an age you never know we may need to use the old systems ,but yes thank you will figure it out

i am ok with hardware ,but not good with software ,sometimes its the computer quirks too,i figure by the time i get the 3 radios set up will be ready for the licence,yes it seems i can load the right files to listen to the digital set up on the computer ,dont seem like as much fun there thiough..

i think it being cvs file an not an application is where i am haveing trouble ,it does not seem to load to like said chirp ,or to my radio thanks

Last edited:

scotty9x

this forum is funny makes me log in 2 times ,but the only way i was able to load the county was right through chirp software from radio reference ,then had to load them manually to the radio ,i found if i leave a channel open to recieve like 123 so on before i load the frequecies ,then go back to transmit the frequencies to the radio channels works great. i was able to load them that way ,guess i am getting to know the radio,i got another 8 watt type coming will try then again the software ,then its time to move on to study online for ham ,i think the longer antenna will get a few just out of reach in the country out hear

But i was not able to load them with the software ,i actually feel like its just easyer to load them manually now ,took like 20 minutes to load 25 stations of wich 17 working .after days of working on software seems like ,the rest must be out of reach,only seem to know the hard way hehehee thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.