Uniden 996P2 Scanner Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone purchased this scanner where they received the radio with the new firmware installed 1.07.09...My last one I got from the Ham Station and they upgraded it no charge and now there gone...I'm not good at doing this and I don't want to "brick "it....TY

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is no way to permanently brick one of our scanners by performing a firmware update.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Paul, but I'm a old guy with programming by hand and poor computer skills....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Does the cable that comes with my 996P2 and 325P2 work to update the firmware in these scanners and do I also have to download the drivers and install them in my Windows 10 ....TY

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Does the cable that comes with my 996P2 and 325P2 work to update the firmware in these scanners and do I also have to download the drivers and install them in my Windows 10 ....TY

Cables come with the scanner. Windows 10 automatically supplies the required drivers. Easy peasy! :)

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
If your not looking to upgrade the scanner to DMR I would leave it be. I update the firmware on my 996P2 and lost the RISCON P25 digital system. I didn't pursue why the upgrade didn't work, just went back to what I had. Also if you do try the update some ISP don't allow you to connect to a FTP site. I had to adjust the Xfinity cable modem security setting for it to work.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone purchased this scanner where they received the radio with the new firmware installed 1.07.09...My last one I got from the Ham Station and they upgraded it no charge and now there gone...I'm not good at doing this and I don't want to "brick "it....TY

the firmware is all good,

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank You for your info, actually my location allows me to receive the IL-Starcom Digital system towers in my area W/O any adjustment so I believe your correct.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Does the cable that comes with the P2 scanners work on the 396xt to upgrade firmware..The cable with the 396xt has the old 9pin connector that my computer does not have anymore...TY

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Hey Ron if you want some help send me a PM maybe we can meet up and get your radios upgraded if uou haven't got them there already. It is a pretty straight forward process. I could walk you through it by phone of you like.

Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
Hello Paul,
I tried updating the firmware from 1.06.0 to 1.07.9 and there is a big difference in receiving the RISCON P25 trunk system. The reception with the 1.06 firmware is so much better then the 1.07.9 on the RISCON system. I have the P25 threshold at 8. I am going to give it a couple of days . Maybe do a system reset install the upgrade and load the frequency file again??? It dosen't make any sense you come out with two firmware updates and it didn't improve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.