Service types

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisKink

Was wanting to know if certain types of law enforcement can be turned off while keeping other types. I have the BCD436 and like to listen to my local law enforcement, but the State Police dominates the channel scan. Is there a way to block them but keep the locals? The State Police are P25 2 if that matters while the locals are NFM.
TIA

KB7MIB

Did you program your scanner to your personal preferences, or are you scanning all of the law enforcement systems from the database that are within range?

If you're scanning everything, lockout the state police channels/system(s).

I think Uniden uses the term "avoid" rather than lockout, so you'll have to figure out how to avoid the channels/systems you don't want to hear.

John
Peoria, AZ

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Assign a Quick Key to the state police Department, and use that to toggle them on and off. You can't use Service Types to selectively enable some law enforcement and disable others.

DennisKink

Assign a Quick Key to the state police Department, and use that to toggle them on and off. You can't use Service Types to selectively enable some law enforcement and disable others.

Yes Jon, I didn’t think I could do it by service types and I don’t know how to assign the state boys a quick key. I am using zip code for location and there is at least 3 different talk groups that I can monitor.

DennisKink

Did you program your scanner to your personal preferences, or are you scanning all of the law enforcement systems from the database that are within range?

If you're scanning everything, lockout the state police channels/system(s).

I think Uniden uses the term "avoid" rather than lockout, so you'll have to figure out how to avoid the channels/systems you don't want to hear.

John
Peoria, AZ

Thanks John. I think avoid will work. I thought about that after I posted this.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can Avoid entire systems and departments, in addition to individual channels. The manual has details on how.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A little more on the Avoid (which is your only option). . .

Pressing the Avoid button once causes the channel/talkgroup to be temporarily Avoided (or locked out). When you power the scanner off and then back on, that temporary Avoid is cleared and the channel/talkgroup will be scanned.

Pressing the Avoid button twice (rapidly) causes the channel/talkgroup to be permanently Avoided. It can be restored only by re-programming (if Favorites List is involved) or by going through the menu (Manage Full Database to Review or Stop All Avoiding).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Pressing the Avoid button twice (rapidly) causes the channel/talkgroup to be permanently Avoided. It can be restored only by re-programming (if Favorites List is involved) or by going through the menu (Manage Full Database to Review or Stop All Avoiding).

Permanent Avoids in a Favorite List can be cleared in the scanner Manage Favorites menu. Select the favorite list, the Review Avoids.

Status
Not open for further replies.