DMR TRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabbyMilton

I'm trying to monitor a trunked DMR TRBO site(WI. WE ENERGIES 900). I programed it with the proper LCN order and I'm not picking up anything. Is it possible to program it as conventional and hear it being that no other user appears to be on that system anyway?
I have a 436HP.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm trying to monitor a trunked DMR TRBO site(WI. WE ENERGIES 900). I programed it with the proper LCN order and I'm not picking up anything. Is it possible to program it as conventional and hear it being that no other user appears to be on that system anyway?
I have a 436HP.

This system?
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7393

Which site(s)?

Did you program by hand or import from the library?

How far are you from those sites?

Is the Utilities service type enabled?

While scanning are you seeing "CAP" (or "CON") on the display?

You can enter the frequencies as conventional -- however, as you scan, one or more may "hang" on non-voice activity - but you should at least hear voice if it is present (and you are close enough).

CrabbyMilton

Thanks and yes that is the system. I programmed it by hand as seen on this site as I didn't see or overlooked it in the preprogrammed side of the thing. I prefer to do program it that way I want anyway but I'll check when I get home. I keep forgetting that digital has a different set of quirks compared to analog.
Appreciate the advise it does help.

troymail

Silent Key
Yup - DMR and NXDN are a bit trickier to set up and monitor than typical public safety systems like P25.

You could well have it programmed correctly - at least to match what is listed in the RRDB/library but it may be better to update the database in Sentinel and try importing the system/sites.

Beyond that, there could be lots of reasons why it isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.