Control Head Scanning Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a new truck, and my PRO-2055 is not gonna fit. Is the TRX-2 the only option for new-production scanners that feature a remote control head? I dont think Unidentifiable makes one anymore?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

DJ11DLN

Uniden has remote control via wireless dongle for their BCD536hp. I don't have direct experience with that but it's an option. You need a tablet or an old smart phone that can connect to the dongle. There are also some various control software apps out there that will allow some other scanners to be connected wirelessly, but that requires more hardware. The only turn-key solution will be the TRX-2/WS-1098/1095 series, they come with everything you need to remote the head and except for having to run an external speaker (the speaker is in the main unit) you can do it all out of one box.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your replies. I seemed to recall back in the day that Uniden once made a remote control head as an aftermarket accessory, but those days are long past.

A TRX-2 it is, and gee, I thought my PSR-600 was complicated! I hope the RF performance isn't any worse, but that's a topic for the Whistler forum.

DJ11DLN

Thank you for your replies. I seemed to recall back in the day that Uniden once made a remote control head as an aftermarket accessory, but those days are long past.

A TRX-2 it is, and gee, I thought my PSR-600 was complicated! I hope the RF performance isn't any worse, but that's a topic for the Whistler forum.

Not sure what program you use for your 600 but I have a Pro-197 and if anything I find E-Z Scan even more straightforward and intuitive than even Win500. YMMV...

DJ11DLN

E-Z Scan is what comes with the TRX-2. There aren't any other options. It's a little more basic than Win500 but on the other hand it's easier to figure out. The good news is that you don't need to keep a RR Premium Membership, access to the database comes with the radio & the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.