Purchased a BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCMajorInci

Premium Subscriber
I just wanted to take some time out of my day to give a shout out to West Coast Emergency Supply (westcoastemergencysupply .com). I purchased a BCD996P2 from them recently and had no issues at all. I am using the BCD996P2 for the feed I host here on Radio Reference. Even though I could do it myself, I paid for the programming option just to get it done and out of the way. I had a few questions about the programming and spoke to Thomas and he answered all of my questions. Thomas also mentioned that they are a new company. They only took 2 days to program the scanner before it was in the mail and on its way to me. I am very happy with the scanner as well as the service provided by West Coast Emergency Supply. I found their pricing of the scanner to be similar to other companies. Their programming was the cheapest I could find. I would highly recommend trying out West Coast Emergency Supply.

SCMajorInci

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what firmware it had before they programmed it, but it is on the latest per Unidens website, 1.07.09. Hope that answers your question!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Do yourself a favor; get a backup of the programming before anything goes awry. The freeware program FreeScan will work just fine for this. If something happens you now have a backup that you can use to recover

Mike

SCMajorInci

Premium Subscriber
First thing I did was connect to FreeScan and read the scanner. I made sure I saved it. The guy I spoke with did say that if anything happened to the programming, they would take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.