UNIDEN SDS-100 vs UNICATION G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOR1000XLT

Which one of these scanners can do better P25 digital trunking?
Which one is better overall and why?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
There are other discussions ongoing about this, but I will state the obvious. The Unication is a pager, not a scanner. While it outperforms many scanners on simulcast systems in an application that employs a scan function, side by side comparison is not fair to either radio and will only degenerate into a Uniden fanboy vs. Unication fanboy "but it does/doesn't do this" free for all.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
There are other discussions ongoing about this, but I will state the obvious. The Unication is a pager, not a scanner. While it outperforms many scanners on simulcast systems in an application that employs a scan function, side by side comparison is not fair to either radio and will only degenerate into a Uniden fanboy vs. Unication fanboy "but it does/doesn't do this" free for all.

hit the nail on the head

SCMajorInci

Premium Subscriber
As citywide mentioned, the G5 is a pager and has a dedicated purpose. While I have made the decision to switch to a G5 I have to say that you should make that decision for your self. If you feel that it fits into your collection then get it.

seth21w

I own both g4 if you only listen to one system at a time. Better battery life slightly better decode and smaller form factor. But sds100 wins if you listen to more than one county system at a time. Both are good at simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.