Best mobile scanner antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntracker

Premium Subscriber
Any advice on the best all band mobile scanner antenna out there. I realize there is no perfect one, but which comes close? I'm looking for one with a magnet mount. I've tried several over the years but haven't found one that gets decent reception while mobile, on all bands. Has anybody tried the multiband antenna from Scannerworld.com (ANT135BNC, tri vertical omnidirectional)? Thanks!

fanci

Mobil Antenna's

You might try Grove.ent...I use a mobil scanner ant from them...looks something like a T.V. rabbit ear type of antenna with another element..
I have been using it for about a year and have great luck with it...I receive all high and low and 800 very well...I just can' t seem to remember the product number...Just go to Grove.ent on the internet and go to mobil antenna section and you will see it...A little pricy but you know, get what you pay for...Hope this helps
James[/b]

SCPD

QRT
I use the the tri-band scanner antenna made by Larsen. It uses an NMO mount so you can use it with a magnetic base or on a permanent mount. Go to www.hamradio.com and look on their website for it. If I remember correctly it cost less than $25.

JohnWayne

Suntracker

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to everyone for the advice! I'm sure it will be hit and miss. The majority of my listening is in the 800mhz and VHF high band with some 400mhz UHF high band so I really need some sort of wide/multi band antenna. I'm currently using an old cellular telephone magnet mount antenna which doesn't do too bad (especially when stationary). When I'm outside of town, away from obstructions, power lines, Nextel towers, etc., reception is very good on all bands but when I'm in town, reception is choppy/broken, even on 800 mhz.

Suntracker

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to everyone for the advice! I'm sure it will be hit and miss. The majority of my listening is in the 800mhz and VHF high band with some 400mhz UHF high band so I really need some sort of wide/multi band antenna. I'm currently using an old cellular telephone magnet mount antenna which doesn't do too bad (especially when stationary). When I'm outside of town, away from obstructions, power lines, Nextel towers, etc., reception is very good on all bands but when I'm in town, reception is choppy/broken, even on 800 mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.