EUROPE-help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalflame

HI! I am a newbie here.I have UBC3500XLT.In RR database I cannot find any freq.for my country(SLOVENIA)Can you point me at the right direction,please?Sorry for starting new thread just to ask this!

metalflame

Thanks MICK!I did find a few freq.I have been looking scan.freq.data for Slovenia for a week now!In my country doesnt exist any scanning enthuziast website.I did program a few freq. in myUBC3500XLT,but not much.Well looks like I will have to find it by hand with my3500.Anyway if there is someone who knows where I can fid something usefull(freq for Slovenija),I would be very happy!Cheers!!!

Lodis

You can use Close Call Auto Store while you are out for the day to find new frequencies and then investigate the found frequencies to find more, for example Base Stations, CTCSS codes etc etc. Having Close Call DND enabled will also be useful assuming you do not want it in Priority Mode.

I also have the UBC3500 and used Close Call Auto Store in a new area and I got nearly 200 frequencies. You can also do a Search and Store once you have programmed specific bands and search ranges.

gcgrotz

Hello and welcome! Just do as Lodis says, finding new frequencies is half the fun!

You might want to check up on your local laws for scanners, there may be a reason you can't find frequencies published.

morfis

Also try posting to the Europe section in case someone from your country happens to look in there.

metalflame

Guys,thanks!I will do like LODIS said.CC AutoStore is my only option for now.But,you know its better to enter freq. via PC.Anyways,guys thanks for your input!

SAR923

Zdravo! I was in Slovenia in 1995 and 2001 - my late wife has relatives in the Loz Valley and Postanja. Where are you in Slovenia? I learned to speak a little Slovenian and had my scanner with me both times. As far as I can tell, Slovenia has one unified federal police force. I never saw any evidence of local police even in Ljubljana. In 1995, all the police and fire traffic was on conventional VHF and UHF. By 2001, all this had changed as the EC was making inroads. There was a battle between Motorola and the makers of TETRA equipment. The police in the Ljubljana district were using a Motorola trunk system in the 800 mHz band but it looked like TETRA was going to be the standard so Slovenia would fit in with the rest of Europe.

As was suggested, try using close call to see what you can find. If the switch to TETRA actually took place, you won't be able to monitor any of the emergency services. There was plenty of air band traffic and taxis were operating in the 453 Mhz range. It was interesting listening to some of the comments they made about passengers. :) Good luck finding frequencies and post what you find here.

metalflame

HEY,SAR2401!First,Loz Valley doesnt exist.Second,I am 20kilometers away from Postojna towards Italy border,my town is Ajdovščina.And you are right about TETRA!Forget listening to POLICE here!Tell me,from wich country are you from SAR2401?Oh yes,almost forgot.Look at www.antennawarehouse.com There is antenna for my handheldUBC3500XLT,it is the only one they have for handheld scanner.I would like your opinion about this antenna.It is a bit long,but doesnt matter if it does the job!Take care!

SAR923

Whoops, I'm a little behind on my Slovenian. It's the Ložu valley, where Snežnik Castle is located. All my late wife's relatives were (and are) from the Stari trg pri Ložu area and the Postanja area. I don't remember traveling through your town but there are so many villiages in the area I lost count. :) We went from Postanja to Piran and Porto Roz (or Porto Benton, a better description) so we were certainly in your area.

I am from the USA in the state of Alabama, which is in the southeast part of the country. My wife was also from the USA but she was half Slovenian as her grandparents on her father's side both came for Slovenia to the USA in the early 1900's. We had a great time in Slovenia - the country is beautiful and the people are so friendly. But, we are straying far from radios. :)

I guess TETRA did win out then. I thought it would since it seems to be almost the EC standard now. The antenna in the link looks fine assuming you got it with an SMA adapter. If you're using a SMA to BNC adapter, you're putting a lot of strain on the antenna connection and probably losing some signal strength.

If you head towards Postanja and use close call, you should pick up some local services. The SŽ was operating on VHF around 165 mHz when I was there were forest rangers (don't know the correct term in Slovenian) on UHF. I don't think there are many scanner listeners in Slovenia so anything you come up with will help others in Slovenia. I did notice that there was some hostility about having a scanner near the Croatian border so take care.

metalflame

Wow SAR4201,I am impressed you did remember a lot of names of the towns you vizit here!About the antenna,I just ordered Diamond RH-77or701,dont know exactly,should look.However it is secondhand and comes very cheap.O.K.Guys,take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.