Bomb threat at Norfolk Naval Base gate two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Just a quite day in Hampton Roads Virginia. :)

My 785D is on ID 64720, Tac-3 of Norfolk FD which is Hampton BLVD Command outside of gate two of NavBase NorVA. NavBase Eng 1 is also assigned to this command. (very active)

My Pro-96 with ID Hold on ID 41248, Tag Base Security (OOD) and they have restricted all HRT buses from entering the base. (also very active)

My 2052 is scanning Norfolk PD.

This situation started around 1140 Eastern and still working at this time. EOD and the Bomb Squad has run the Robot to the two suspect HRT buses and they have evacuated the passengers.

At 1324 Security re-affirmed to all gates to have 100% ID check prior to anyone entering base, regardless of method. And the station Gym is selected as a staging point for bus passengers.

At 1328, the Hampton Blvd Command cleared and reduced command to Medics and NavBase Eng 1. It appears the buses were clear but ID enforcement and HRT bus restrictions will remain in force.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
1340 update, Hold and walk through all HRT buses and make 100% ID check of all occupants, if clear allow buses to continue through gate.

Case closed w/o incident.

Nother topic: 1400 gun salute for a funeral. :roll:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Umm 2:00 PM for non 24HRspeak.... LOL... a 1400 gun salute would be overkill unless its a mass funeral. Heck even the Prezzie gets only 21. :)

LEH

Premium Subscriber
fmon,

Is that TGID 41248 on the Norfolk system or is it the 400MHz base system?

I live too far away to get Norfolk's system at the house with my current setup. The base system I haven't tried as I tend not to set up my 250 or 96 to an outside antenna when I'm at home.

Did see the action on the news at noon though. WAVY had their chopper hovering nearby.

What gets me is every time I DRIVE onto the base in my car, they check my ID. Don't they check the IDs for bus passengers???? I mean I'm retired and have a decal on my car. Bus riders can be anyone. I know that when I was in Ohio during the Gulf War, cars were checked and the bus waved through.

So much for security and 100% ID checks without checking the pax.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
LEH said:
fmon,

Is that TGID 41248 on the Norfolk system or is it the 400MHz base system?
It's the NavBase 400, 100% digital 3600.

LEH said:
What gets me is every time I DRIVE onto the base in my car, they check my ID. Don't they check the IDs for bus passengers???? I mean I'm retired and have a decal on my car. Bus riders can be anyone. I know that when I was in Ohio during the Gulf War, cars were checked and the bus waved through.
It bugs me too Lynn, we earned the right and they get waved through most of the time. Must be a Bennie for mass transportation, like HOV lanes. :wink:

LEH said:
So much for security and 100% ID checks without checking the pax.
Roger that.

flyingwolf said:
1400! Who was it?
Typical Marine, sleeps through lunch and forgets what time it is. :wink:

BTW Lynn, tune your Pro-96 into the York/James City County 800 9600. The freqs and sysid are reporting on Pro96com. Also on line 4 on the control channel reports the sysid and 9600 b. Holding my 96 in the NE corner of my house gets a 90+ return.

RagnarD

Premium Subscriber
In a valley that only a few know where it is
Is the data in the R/R DB for the System at NAVSTA Current?

I just entered the information into my Pro-96 and and am not hearing the control channel. Is the information in the R/R database for the system current? I also did not see the T/G (41248) listed in NOB T/G's.

Apologize in advance if I was looking at the wrong TRS for my information.

Thanks in advance!

73!
de
Chris

RagnarD

Premium Subscriber
In a valley that only a few know where it is
Bomb threat at Norfolk Naval Base gate two

Disregard my previous post.

It is amazing what happens when you switch over to a different antenna!

Got the C/C but a list of T/G's that are more up to date than what's listed here would be nice if available.

Thanks in advance!

73!
de
Chris

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Re: Bomb threat at Norfolk Naval Base gate two

kq4z said:
It is amazing what happens when you switch over to a different antenna!
Roger that Chris, I'm in Eclipse, so the duck works for me.

kq4z said:
Got the C/C but a list of T/G's that are more up to date than what's listed here would be nice if available.
I don't scan NOB often so don't keep much track of the ID's. Though, I just steped through my listings and found the following additions, which have not been submitted because I havn't been able to tag half of them them.

I just now submitted the four which are tagged.
40256 ?
40922 Base Police
41120 ATB
41121 AMC Terminal
41248 OOD Security
41552 ?
41264 ?
41290 ?
The Officer Of the Day (OOD) was certainly running dispatches on 41248 today, but it normally sounds like another Base Police.

Edit: Chris, I noticed you just forced my 1k posting in this forum. :roll: Burp...time for a refill.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Just read in our local paper that it was all a hoax. Some moron who was bored i guess.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
CORN said:
Just read in our local paper that it was all a hoax. Some moron who was bored i guess.
Thanks Corn.
Yeah , it appears the threat call was made by a women from a 7 11 pay phone on Hampton Blvd near the base. Maybe she missed the bus :?: :cry: :lol:

:D Happy New Year :D

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I can believe it was a hoax. What gets me is the TV stations, in their typical tell everything you've heard without verifying the facts before you do, were saying the call came into the HRT (our local transiet name) control centere on an unlisted number.

Now that the news clowns have peaked our intrest, let's see if they can follow up and tell us more about the lady they arrested and how (if in fact she did) get the unlisted number.

Perhaps she called 911 and the emergency operator passed the message to the HRT controllers on the number and the HRT controller didn't understand it was the 911 center.

Status
Not open for further replies.