Help me pick a scanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam1115

Sorry if this is a dumb question. With all of the issues surrounding rebanding (I know nothing is for sure), what is a good model to go with? I want to be able to tune digital trunked radio and want it to survive rebanding.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Off the top of my head, the Uniden 396 or 996 and the GRE PSR 500 or 600.

The 396 and 500 are handheld and the 996 and 600 are base units. For better comparisons, check the threads on each of these scanners. All four are good scanners. The one you want is going to be your choice.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nah man you can find a BC396 for $400 these days on Fleabay - or even in the for sale forum here.

hoser147

Just keep in mind there are things that you will also need at one point or another. A programing cable, Software to program it, Like ScanDaBands said there are some cheaper prices to be had, just take your time and learn what each radio can do and the features of each and then you can make a good educated decision on what scanner you would like to go with. We are all here to help you make informed choices but the choice is ultimately yours as LEH stated................. Good Luck and Good Scannin.......H:)ser

Swipesy

Yikes

adam1115 said:
Yikes. Is $600 about as cheap as you can go with this?

Playing in the top of the "game" in any hobby has become expensive. Soooo, if you want the latest and greatest with all the features plan on paying $500.00 by the time you have all the software and cables, etc to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.