Help programming trunk mode on Pro-90

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbpyron

I just got a RadioShack Pro-90 and can't understand how to program for trunk tracking. Is there a site that breaks down the instructions easily with what numbers I need to input?

I'm in Davidson County TN and would like to follow Public Safety.

Thanks in advance.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It appears there are two trunked public safety systems in Davidson County - click on each to review it in detail:

Nashville/Davidson County Public Safety
- look under "Mode"
- A = analog (you can pick this up)
- D = digital (you cannot pick this up on a PRO-90)

Goodlettsville Public Safety

The Goodlettsville system is Motorola Type II Smartnet and you're PRO-90 will pick it up.

However, the Nashville/Davidson Co system is Motorola Type II SmartZone. It is capable of both analog and digital - and if you take a look at the system, you'll see that the vast majority of talk groups are digital. You're PRO-90 cannot handle digital.

So before you go through much trouble trying to program it to receive the Nashville/Davidson Co system, you should make sure that you're going to be able to hear what you want to hear.

Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Just to add a little that may not be so obvious in the manual, you must put in the frequencies first and actually be able to monitor the system before you can program the talk groups for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.