Maha Charger - Just want to confirm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
I have one, I use it all the time. You can charge from 1 to 8 batteries at a time. It is the best money I have ever spent on chargers. I do not charge batteries in scanners or radios.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I will also throw in my high recommendation of this item. I particularly really appreciate the ability to re-condition my batteries when they begin to not hold a charge as long as they used to. I run them through the conditioning process a couple of times and they are like new again!

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
So basically - it seems this charger can charge just about any NiMH (or NiCd) battery, no matter who manufactured it?

eorange

Cool, thanks. Gonna get it this week & throw out all my other non-smart chargers.

CLTX11

eorange said:
Cool, thanks. Gonna get it this week & throw out all my other non-smart chargers.

I was looking at this charger myself, was about to order it tonight and decided to search the forum.

Did you end up purchasing it? How do you like it?

Anyone else besides who responded wanna throw in their suggestions, whether they like it or not.

Thanks.

eorange

I did buy it - had it for about 4 weeks now. I like it because it charges 8 cells at once. It's got a normal "fast" charge (about 1 hour), or a gentler (less current) "soft" charge (about 2 hours). So far I've charged all my cells on soft just because I am not in a rush. Each battery has its own level indicator, and shuts off independently when the battery is done.

At least with soft charging, the batteries are near cool to the touch, and the external power transformer barely gets a little warm.

I really did pitch all my other chargers. I've charged Eneloops, Panasonics, Energizers 2500 mAHs, and the green/yellow ones that came with my BR330.

It also has a reconditioning mode (takes up to 35 hours!), but I haven't used it yet.

Bottom line - so far, so good, especially with Maha's reputation. I tend to go through a lot of AAs with 3-4 handhelds, so the 8 cell capacity is great.

Hope this helps!

JESSERABBIT

I got one about 4 months ago, and it does a great job. The batteries do not overheat. I think it came from Universal Electronics. They threw in several balltey holder cases for free. Each case holds 8 batteries (AA and/or AAA}. I ordered some more cases from them. I would recomend this charger.

CLTX11

Thanks for the update and others throwing in their opinion. I will be ordering one tonight!

KevinGC

How about the C-9000? (I believe thats the model number)
Thinking of getting one and would be nice to see what others thought of theirs. It's the one that charges 4 batteries.
Was gonna go pick it up today, but with the weather here now (Central Ohio), decided I'd not venture out to Batteries Plus (20 miles away) until weather is better. Blizzard warnings posted and expecting 15+ inches of snow.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I got one a couple of months ago and it is by far the best charger I've owned. I like the various modes available and the information provided on the display. Other than for emergencies when I want to charge batteries quickly and a lot of them at once, it is the only charger I use.

CLTX11

I used to have a bunch of those crappy energizer's but tossed em because they couldn't hold a charge. Should have kept them just in case this charger could re-condition them.

I have plenty enough batteries I guess, 3 scanners, wii-motes, GPS, etc....

I will post up my results once I have it for a few weeks to get a good idea, I am sure I will impressed though.

KE5TLF

mdulrich said:
Save a few bucks and get a couple accessories thrown in. I've dealt with this company a couple of times and have had quick service from them.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-mh-c801d-battery-charger.htm

Mike

Just for the record I'll vouch for this vendor as well. I've ordered from them on several occasions and they are top notch in all regards. They almost always have some freebies to throw in with your order too if you remember to add them to your cart.

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
You guys are killing my wallet!;-)

Now I HAVE to go out and get one. All I have is a fast 15 minute charger. These batteries come out ready to eat they are so hot. Its not good and I have been looking for a reason to get another charger.

Manny

eorange

I had a 15 minute fast charger for my Energizers too. Same thing - they came out boiling hot! Eventually that charger told me some of my Energizers were failing, so I pitched them. Now I wish I would have saved them because I'll bet the Maha could have reconditioned them.

Status
Not open for further replies.