License to operate in the 72 MHz range ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a Church nearby that I can pick up there Broadcast/ Speaker system in the 72Mhz area.
Does one needs a License to operate in that spectrum ?
Thank you for any feedbacks.

Thayne

Wireless Mics operate on those Freqs; probably legal because of the low power they are FCC approved (Unless modified) If you are more than 2 blocks away It might be worth checking into--otherwise enjoy the service;)

SCPD

QRT
thank you.
I can pick it up with my BCD396t and magmont on my Car about 6 to 10 Blocks away.
To bad I'm not a Church person, otherwise I could enjoy it from Home in my "underwear"

rcvmo

I could enjoy it from Home in my "underwear"

yes!!
the Lord willing and the wells don't run dry!!
rcvmo

trace1

sfdf said:
To bad I'm not a Church person, otherwise I could enjoy it from Home in my "underwear"

Hmm, kinda makes me think of this...

Ron "Tater Salad" White said:
"I was sitting on a bean bag chair, naked, eating Cheetos the other day... when Robert Tilton came on TV. He's a televangelist out of Dallas. He looked at me and said, "Are you lonely?" Yeah. "Have you spent half your life in bars pursuing sins of the flesh?" (slightly worried) This guy's good! "Are you sitting in a bean bag chair naked eating Cheetos?"... (in a high-pitched voice) Yes, sir?? "Do you have the urge to get up and send me a thousand dollars?" (with a sense of relief) Ha, ha close! I thought he was talking about me there for a second; apparently I'm not the only cat on the block that digs Cheetos."

;)

WA1CRZ

Now that you know what frequency they are transmitting on, Id get a transmitter and stand outside the church and in a booming voice say ..."THIS IS GOD... I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!"

wlmr

WA1CRZ said:
Now that you know what frequency they are transmitting on, Id get a transmitter and stand outside the church and in a booming voice say ..."THIS IS GOD... I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!"

I'm sure everyone knows a similar story but here's mine. In my hometown in the early days of CB during Saturday night service we were enlightened to the party plans of two vehicles driving by with some with local teens. The teens learned not to discuss their business so close to church and the church decided to look into filtering and isolating their sound system better. Too long ago to remember names anymore but the teens were not forgotten for a long time.

bpckty1

Wa1CRZ, now, that's just wrong.

But, it does remind me of a church service "last century" where the organist at my church was playing a hymn and a police car (low band at that time) passed the church, and everyone heard the organ announce, "10-4, enroute". Her back was to the window, but everyone else saw the car as it passed by. She didn't touch the keyboard for the rest of the service, and the pastor had to be quite persuasive to both calm her down and quiet the giggling church members.

SCPD

QRT
WA1CRZ said:

Can do that from my House :))
I'm just yards away

Status
Not open for further replies.