severe weather monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
I live in Alabama and am needing some tips on programming my 1000 channel scanner. There are 10 banks in my scanner. How should I go about programming the banks? There is no trunking in my area. Also need tips on what to program for severe weather.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
You can program each bank for each agency or each bank for a geographical area. For severe weather I listen to the fire department, police department and the skywarn net.

Gooser

What city is Ala?

What kind of scanner?
Asking that as a point of reference to point you to software tools that will save your fingers from typing in a ton of numbers. :)

z96cobra

For Severe Wx, find the NOAA frequency for your area and program it in. Have you checked your scanner for Wx operation being built in? A lot of newer scanners have a preprogrammed Wx search, and some even give you the ability to program in SAME/FIPS codes, so you only get the alerts for your area.

As for programming your 10 banks, I usually group stuff together into each bank. I will put all "emergency" related (police, fire, EMS) into one bank. Then some mil-air into another bank. Then some HAM freqs. into another... etc. What scanner do you have? It would be more helpful to know what you have and what your interests are.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.