Federal Trunking @ 380 Mhz apco 25 capable scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
is there scanner out there that is capable of doing federal trunking in the 380 frequency area. When I try to enter it on my Digital apco 25 Bearcat scanner and radio shack apco 25 hand held it won't enter.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's hard to diagnose your issue since you didn't name your 'digital apco 25 bearcat scanner', but the BCD996T, BCD396T can trunk in the 380 Mhz band, as I think the GRE PSR 500 and 600 can also.

73s Mike

GM

Premium Subscriber
380 MHz

The BC250D & BC296D will track the 380 MHz freq's, provided that you have the digital card installed and channel set in the FM mode with 12.5 step size - but will not trunk-track as the others above will (BCD396T, etc). You can only listen to them in conventional mode with the two-stated scanners listed above.

DickH

wb6sub said:
is there scanner out there that is capable of doing federal trunking in the 380 frequency area. When I try to enter it on my Digital apco 25 Bearcat scanner and radio shack apco 25 hand held it won't enter.

There is a guy in the Seattle area who monitors that system with a PSR500.
Go to this thread in the Wash. forum and read his comments. You'll have to scroll down to Post #33.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90559&page=2

D

DaveNF2G

Uniden scanners seem to have trouble with M/A-Com's implementation of P25 on VHF and UHF.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Make sure you have the correct bas, space and offset programed. I believe people have tried different settings other than what is listed. Do a search on 320 mhz or base, space and offset.

The BCD396T doesn't track properly either? I monitor the Buckley system here, but that's 400 Mhz Mot II SmatZone.

D

DaveNF2G

That's what I'm told. The PRO-96 and PSR-500 (both made by GRE) reportedly have no trouble with the West Point system, which is M/A-Com, but the Unidens supposedly can't track it. I'm too far away to test mine.

freqhopping

I have no problem monitoring these systems with my 396 or 996. There are a bunch to listen to in my area. No need to enter a band plan with these scanners. The scanner fills in the blanks by itself.

jerk

DaveNF2G said:
Uniden scanners seem to have trouble with M/A-Com's implementation of P25 on VHF and UHF.

Perhaps, but the one system I monitor works fine on myBCD396t and tracks the system just fine, and I regularly monitor it from a distance of 40+ miles. It is a military system built by M/A Com Now the audio is not that great, but I don't think it's all that great on any of the systems I monitor. Could that be the issue, the audio sound versus reception?

AL

Status
Not open for further replies.