New Scanner Gre-psr-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

felicia

Im Geting A New Gre-psr-500 Handheld Scanner And Might Need Some Help Programing It Dont No How To Download Freq In To It.can Any One Help Me.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You should probally turn off your CAPS LOCK and read the manual when you get it.

brandon

Database Admin
I would recommend getting the programming cable (unless it comes with scanner?) and downloading software called Win500 as it will let you import directly from this website. You have to be a donating member for this to work but it's well worth it for quickly loading your radio with minimal effort.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
brandon said:
I would recommend getting the programming cable (unless it comes with scanner?) and downloading software called Win500 as it will let you import directly from this website. You have to be a donating member for this to work but it's well worth it for quickly loading your radio with minimal effort.
The PSR-500 (as well as it's base/mobile 'twin', the PSR-600) come with the USB programming cable, as well as an ac adapter.

You will need to get AA batteries (rechargeables recommended, obviously).

The three available programming packages, WIN500, PSR-Edit, & ARC-500 all can be downdoaded, & have a free trial period so that you can try before you buy. As brandon noted, you must be a premium subscriber for the web import feature to be available. I registered both WIN500 & PSR-Edit. YMMV.

Links for all three software programs can be found in the Wiki or in their respective threads in the Software forum.

D

DaveNF2G

Scanner specific questions should be asked in the GRE Forum for this particular model. There are also many existing conversations there about programming the PSR-500.

felicia

DaveNF2G said:
Scanner specific questions should be asked in the GRE Forum for this particular model. There are also many existing conversations there about programming the PSR-500.

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.