$49.99 PRO-84 Compact Scanner and Headphone Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Wow, the headphones alone are probably worth 1/2 that.
Too bad it doesn't trunk.
The last time I tried to chase down one of these sales the item wasn't available in the state, but, it is certainly worth the try.

Taloniilm

I picked up one for the wife a few weeks ago.... the RS guy said it is a close-out deal on a discontinued model. It's an in store sale only. I got both the RS 800 and Diamond "77" for it and was amazed at how good the Diamond increased it's range. for the price it's a nice little set up...

jakegday

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
its not a sale anymore, i see that it is now their standard price for the pro 84

glide

Taloniilm said:
I picked up one for the wife a few weeks ago.... the RS guy said it is a close-out deal on a discontinued model. It's an in store sale only. I got both the RS 800 and Diamond "77" for it and was amazed at how good the Diamond increased it's range. for the price it's a nice little set up...

What is an RS800 and Diamond 77 ? Be kind,I'm a noob.

w0fg

The ".97" on the price indicates it's almost certainly a discontinued (or soon to be discontinued) item and there will be no more available once available stock is depleted. Actually, my local dealer store dumped theirs over a year ago and I grabbed the last one they had at $26 for the package!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Actually, anything that ends in 7¢ is clearance, whether it's marked that way or not. I've picked up many things for 47¢ and my record was a FRS radio case that was marked for 1¢. I bought it just so they would have space for something else, think I threw it out when I left the store :D

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Picked one up this afternoon. Had to visit 4 different stores in the area before I found it in stock.

Wife just shook her head when she saw I had bought another scanner.

I told her that you can never have too many radios.

:)

SSSG :)

scannersnstuff

i agree.fantastic radio for the price.i originally got one for my other half.i wanted her to have a easy to use portable for emergency listening.i figured with the 2 batteries,ease of use and not having to worry about pl's/dpl's and alpha tag's it would be ideal.i missed the sale the first time.i bought it at the $99 price.a couple of week's ago,i thought it would be nice to just have a knock around scanner that i could leave in my car.i sometime's bring one of my more expensive portable's to work.i don't like babysitting it all day.i didn't really want to leave it in the car boiling or freezing.when the scanner went down to this price i jumped on it and got a second one yesterday.for a basic scanner it receive's well.it does do signal stalker too.

Smerri

pdfdems286 said:
i agree.fantastic radio for the price.i originally got one for my other half.i wanted her to have a easy to use portable for emergency listening.i figured with the 2 batteries,ease of use and not having to worry about pl's/dpl's and alpha tag's it would be ideal.i missed the sale the first time.i bought it at the $99 price.a couple of week's ago,i thought it would be nice to just have a knock around scanner that i could leave in my car.i sometime's bring one of my more expensive portable's to work.i don't like babysitting it all day.i didn't really want to leave it in the car boiling or freezing.when the scanner went down to this price i jumped on it and got a second one yesterday.for a basic scanner it receive's well.it does do signal stalker too.
Knock around scanner to leave in the car is the exact reason I am heading up after work today to buy one.

n8emr

wonder if this is the dump the scanners before nascar go digital plan?

Airdorn

I went by one RS today in my area and they had one, but the headphones were mysteriously missing. The guy still offered it to me for the same price. ;)

n8emr said:
wonder if this is the dump the scanners before nascar go digital plan?

No I believe it's more of a "we're not renewing our license to use the nascar name and need to dump all this stock with the logo on it before our current license runs out"

I don't know that for sure, but i suspect that is the case. We were told that if we failed to sell them by a certain date we would have to destroy them.

If you notice the new "race" scanner doesn't carry the nascar name or logo.

Airdorn

OK, in true Radio Shack form, they ran me all over the city. I bet they had a nice chuckle. ;)

I went to the 1st place based on the availability from the website.

They had one in stock, but it was missing the headphones. They sent me to "the only other store" that has one.

I went there.. they didn't have one and hadn't for about a month they said. They looked in the computer, and sent me to another store that "has 2 in stock."

I went there, and the guy was holding it for me! How nice!

I opened it up... the scanner looked like it had been kicked around a bunch.. All scuffed up. The guy said he thought it might have been a return. He offered it to me for the sale price advertised. I declined.

So I went back to the first store today. Another guy rediscovered that he didn't have the headphones (I didn't tell him I was there the day before) and he called around looking for the kit.. or even just the headphones. No luck.

So he promised that he'd order me the headphones and I would come pick them up when they come in. He seemed genuinely eager to help, so I went ahead and bought the scanner on the promise that I could get the headphones later.

The scanner itself is great. It works well, and is pretty small, and easy to use. No trunking of course, but it does scan in the 800mhz range.

I'm pleased with it, even if I may never get the headphones.

Airdorn

Status
Not open for further replies.