ham jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

motolover

I was looking for a jacket online and i want to put my call and name on it and some kinda ham logo. I was thinking about putting the (ARES) logo but i dont belong to ARES. So would it be ok to wear the (ARES) logo ?

KE5HOB

motolover said:
I was thinking about putting the (ARES) logo but i dont belong to ARES. So would it be ok to wear the (ARES) logo ?

I don't know, does the FBI let people wear jackets with FBI on the back and carry fake badges? I'd just join ARES or Skywarn, then you'd be in the clear.

RodStrong

KE5HOB said:
I don't know, does the FBI let people wear jackets with FBI on the back and carry fake badges?

Yeah, but you can go to any flea market and buy a FBI hat or raid jacket. Why not a RACES hat or RACES raid jacket? lol.

N8DV

No it wouldn't be alright. You are not a member of that organization. Like one posting stated: just join the organization and then you can proudly wear the symbol.

n8emr

Yea, like 1/2 the people with LA gear live in LA, or all the people with GOLD gym attend the gym or all those ping shorts with the words cutie on the back some of dog ugly person.

If you want your name on a jacket go buy a jack from whoever you like and put your name on it. you dont need an ARES jacket to put your name on. Most any cloth jacket can have a name added.

elk2370bruce

Since you are not a member of the organization, why would you want to give others the impression that you are an ARES operator? Legality has nothing to do with it - just common courtesy and good judgement. True, I can purchase a jacket with a Maltese Cross but I don't have the right to be considered as a firefighter. False advertising anyone? Besides, it costs nothing to join and you might even enjoy the training and real participatory community service rather than the illusion of same.

firetaz834

I guess if you had to ask the question, you already had an idea of the answer. You just have to think that some people who do know what ARES is responsible for might come to you in a time of need. And, what would you do if you could not give them the needed information that they require.

If it doesn't cost anything to become a member of an organization, why not take the plunge and get the rewards that being a member of the organization that you want to display on your jacket.

But, here is an idea if you want to get a jacket with your call sign, speak with the taylor shop to see if they have some ideas what you might do. You might want to incorporate your state with you call sign. Make it taylored to yourself something that you would be proud to wear anywhere. That way when people do see you wearing your jacket, you can wear it proudly.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"you have lowered whacker to an all time record."

Oh not quite. Now THIS will keep 'em guessing!

Last edited:

brian13pickle

I was thinking about buying a Baltimore Orioles jacket, but I didn't want to be associated with a losing organization. Would this make me a whacking loser? Or should I look for a Boston Red Sucks or New York Yankme jacket. Which makes me an obnoxious weanner! Heck, I think I'll just stick with the Nike sweat jacket that says that that I'm athletic, even though I'm 40lbs. overweight. Funny how we let trade marks and advertisements dictate who and what we are or are not. So purchase that ARES logo and sew it onto that jacket whenever you earn it and I will stop wearing my Nike jacket until I start getting in better shape and and buy me a brand new Orioles jacket when they have a winning season, or perhaps a Chicago Cubs jacket.

Last edited:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
brian13pickle said:
I was thinking about buying a Baltimore Orioles jacket, but I didn't want to be associated with a losing organization. Would this make me a whacking loser? Or should I look for a Boston Red Sucks or New York Yankme jacket. Which makes me an obnoxious weanner! Heck, I think I'll just stick with the Nike sweat jacket that says that that I'm athletic, even though I'm 40lbs. overweight. Funny how we let trade marks and advertisements dictate who and what we are or are not. So purchase that ARES logo and sew it onto that jacket whenever you earn it and I will stop wearing my Nike jacket until I start getting in better shape and and buy me a brand new Orioles jacket when they have a winning season, or perhaps a Chicago Cubs jacket.

no, thats not even close. You are streatching logic pretty thin here.

Maybe it would make more sense if I compared it to you dressing up like an umpire and visiting little-leauge games. See how well THAT goes over.

brian13pickle

DanTSX

No the only thing I'm attempting to stretch thin is, my muscles and my waist. LOL
I was/am just having some fun with a little advise added. BTW that umpire suit gets a little hot and uncomfortable at those major league ball games and I also have trouble drinking beer through that darn mask. Strike 3 & the O's lose another one !!!! "Smiling to take a load off my brain". Brian P or is it "Brain" P. ?????

ts217

Wacker MD

I like to wear a stethoscope on my lunch break and walk across the street to the local hospital and get a 50% discount on my lunch in the cafeteria. Sometimes I also wear a lab coat from the printing department and bring a clip board just for the added effect. I'm thinking about putting an ARES logo on the back of the lab coat. Would this be ok?

n5ims

If I stencil "This is my coat" on the back of my jacket, would that be a case of mislabeling?

trace1

I still have a cap that has 44TH MSS on it.

What does it represent?

The 44th Missile Security Squadron.

I'm no longer a member of the 44th MSS, as a matter of fact the 44th MSS no longer exist.

Do I need to throw away my old cap?

Am I a "whacker" if I wear it?

I also have an old cap with DAPD on it.

What does it represent?

Dothan Airport Police Department.

I'm no longer associated with them either.

If I were to wear it would that make me a "whacker"?

I have an Auburn University cap although I've never attended that school.

If I wear it am I a "whacker"?

I have a cap with Ford Racing .

Guess what?

I'm not a racer but am I a "whacker" when I wear this hat?

I could go on and on but I've wasted enough of my time rambling on about nothing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.