FNG here,, few quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIPPED407

Interested in attaining a trunking scanner..

is there a major difference in the dual and triple trunking?

central Florida will be my main area of interest for reception.

OPD,OCSO,OCFD,SCSO.. i have all the channels,control channels and group id`s ready for my conversion to trunking..

is there something decent out there available in the 150.00 range...

had a few people try to pawn a pro94 off on me.. but i have read to many mixed reviews on that model..

i can currently listen to the above agencies via a pro84 nascar scanner. but of course im just scanning 20 channels with no grouptalk separation. therefore im assuming a dual trunking deal will work.. but what advantage would i attain from a triple trunk scanner..

this is the only major question i have had that i could not get info for.

thanks in advance for any info...

Ripped407 in Florida

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
is there a major difference in the dual and triple trunking?
Not that many duals out there now, but I think the main difference is II does not have LTR. LTR tends to be more of a business sys, so there is some logic in not providing in a cheaper scanner. However, I think you need to look at all the trunking system types in central FL (click on counties of interest for freq's) to determine what systems you want in a scanner...especially if you need digital. Trunking scanners are generally more than $150, but eBay may have some.

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Orlando will be going to a digital system, if they haven't already done so. So for that you would need a digital capable trunking scanner. I have heard that it may be encrypted also, if so, then that's out as far as monitoring. Maybe someone who has more knowledge of that region will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.