Using Bose Am/fm Radio As Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

schlermy

What Do I Need To Turn My Bose Am/fm Radio Into An Amplifier For A Pro-2096 Radio Shack Scanner? (if It Can Be Done) And How Would I Do It?

Thanking In Advance, I Am Grateful

RIPPED407

as long as it has rca inputs of any kind. simply buy a rca to mini phono "headphone jack" cable. put your stereo on whatever mode the rca is plugged into "i.e. cd/phono,aux" and you should be fine, run the scanner at 50% volume and amplify it from the stereo.

key2_altfire

If there's no audio input to the Bose, you could use one of those FM modulators from an iPod. Your scanner audio would then be re-transmitted (low power) in the FM broadcast band, which you can then tune on your Bose.

Kinda funky but I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
key2_altfire said:
If there's no audio input to the Bose, you could use one of those FM modulators from an iPod. Your scanner audio would then be re-transmitted (low power) in the FM broadcast band, which you can then tune on your Bose.

Kinda funky but I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it.

Good suggestion!:cool:

JHVH-1

My dad used to sell those things, we have the big original acoustic wave and it had RCA jacks and an input on it. We used to use it like 15 years ago hooked up to our TV for watching movies.

Once time I hooked up a gameboy to one. That would be the same kind of setup, you just need a cable with the RCA plugs on one end and the mini headphone jack on the other end. Like this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=2120&seq=1&format=2

Thats if its one of the big old models not the smaller radio version which is 1/3 the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.